Under the guidance and supervision of the National Programme Officer, the Office Assistant provides reliable Office Assistant services.
The Office Assistant demonstrates a client-oriented approach, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
- Office Assistant services
1. Provides efficient office assistant services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Collection and delivery of mail and other materials as required from and to the post office, government agencies and other institutions.
- Sorting, delivery and pick up of mail from various offices on the premises at regular intervals. Maintenance of records as required.
- Packaging/packing of material received for dispatch; labeling, inserting material in envelopes and franking outgoing mail.
- Photocopying and duplicating services.
- Logistic arrangement for outdoor meetings
- Arranging coffee/tea and drinking water for meetings
- Rendering photocopying/binding/collating services
- Visiting stationary shops for buying office stationaries and office supply
- Sending fax, pouch
- Packing of booklets, pamphlets and posters
- Distributing the UN Women publications
- Moving/rearranging office furniture as and when required
- Assisting on filing, shredding of confidential paper as and when necessary
- Checking with the home office to report and confirm successful deliveries and check assigned delivery orders
- Keeping accurate logs or records for verification of ordered deliveries
- Opens, sorts, date stamps and distributes incoming mail; collects, seals and stamps mail
- May file various documents and records as specifically instructed; may retrieve files on request
- May type labels, envelopes and/or routine forms
- Completing required paperwork with accuracy and attention to detail within a timely manner
- Be able to travel to villages/IDP camps with Supervisor as necessary
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the Supervisor
- Ability to sort out and organize large quantities of material for dispatch
- Understanding of UNDP operations procedures and requirements
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Responds positively to critical feedback
- Strict Commitment to deliver the official documents with highest confidentiality without revealing any of the information.
Good communication skills
- Be able to communicate smoothly with other colleagues from UNDP and also from other organizations and agencies
Required Skills and Experience
- High School completion certificate (Secondary education desirable)
- At least 2 years of work experience in the related area.
- Good knowledge of the local languages of the duty station is preferred
- Minimum knowledge on written and oral communication skill in English is required
- Organization: UN WOMEN - United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women
- Location: Myitkyina (Myanmar)
- Grade: SB-1, Service Contract, Local Contractors Agreement - Administrative support
- Women's Empowerment and Gender Mainstreaming
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-08-31