FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations
depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The main aim of the FAO country offices is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and
to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The Consultant reports to the FAO Representative. Under his/her direct supervision, and in consultation with the Assistant FAORs (Programme and Administration) as appropriate. He/she receives technical guidance upon request from the Field Programme Support and Monitoring Officer (FPSMO) and Senior Field Programme Officer (SFPO) in the relevant sub-regional and regional offices.
Operational assistance based on the knowledge of the local conditions, culture, language and institutions of the country of assignment. Ensure the smooth functioning of projects operations, consistent service delivery, and continuous evaluation and readjustment /improvement of the operational environment to reflect the FAOR's evolving needs.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Advanced university degree in a field related to business or public administration or any other relevant field.
- one to three years of relevant experience in office management, administration, accounting and/or audit, budget or finance
- Working knowledge of English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese and limited knowledge (Level B) of one of the others
FAO Core Competencies
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Candidates with acceptable language certificate/s should upload them when submitting their application. For details, visit http\://www.fao.org/3/I8446EN/i8446en.pdf
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: Damascus (Syria)
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: 2018-09-03