International Consultant Water Accounting
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations
depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
- Lead and coordinating water accounting (Output 1) activities as well as provide relevant regional support (eight partner countries). Bi-monthly activity report will be shared with project CTA and participation in at least 1 support team meeting in the period.
- Support individual countries in implementing the project output 1 activity (water accounting) according to plans agreed with countries, and updating them along implementation; providing on the job coaching.,
- Ensure that safeguards are given pro-active attention e.g. gender audits are carried out, potential negative impacts on ecosystems are identified and mitigated.
- Revise Output 1 methodological protocols and ensuring that revised protocols\: 1) Complement and supplement Outputs 2 and 3 protocols and 2) Are adapted on the basis of lessons learnt;
- Prepare first set of training materials relevant to output 1 on the basis of proposed protocol and review training offers from other partners; Act as a trainer when required, and start provision of on the job training and coaching to Countries
- Work with FAO project team, help develop communication and policy influencing strategies aimed at generating interest in the Sida Project and reducing the risk of outputs being rejected e.g. by special interest groups. The bi-monthly reporting on output 1 progress will be used for information sharing.
- PhD or Advanced University degree in water accounting or related fields with operational experience;
- 15 years of relevant experience in water accounting;
- Working knowledge of English and a limited knowledge of French or Spanish or Arabic, Chinese, Russian.
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is essential;
- Extent Specialist knowledge that encompasses\: hydrology, hydrogeology, hydraulic and civil engineering, agronomy and different aspects of land and water management.
- Extent and relevance of experience in water accounting and water resource assessment;
- Extent and relevance of experience in training and on the job coaching of country partners on water accounting;
- Extent and relevance of experience in organizing and leading meetings and training activities at national and regional level;
- Extent and relevance of experience in the Near East and North Africa region;
- Familiarity with FAO water accounting programs and knowledge of FAO activities, structure and procedures is considered a strong asset.
- Extensive experience and knowledge on water accounting issues in NENA region;
- Familiarity with the FAO water accounting programs and projects.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Candidates with acceptable language certificate/s should upload them when submitting their application. For details, visit http\://www.fao.org/3/I8446EN/i8446en.pdf
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: Cairo (Egypt)
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Closing Date: 2018-09-10