Web Editor and Social Media internship - Spanish
New York City (United States of America)
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the UN’s global development network, advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. We are on the ground in 177 countries, working with them on their own solutions to global and national development challenges. At UNDP, external and internal communication—nationally, regionally and globally—is critical to achieving both development results and business objectives. Skillful communication broadens the impacts of new policies, helps governance reforms take root, and attracts and fosters strong partnerships. The Office of Communications at UNDP is at the forefront of advancing online communications and outreach within the organization and is seeking a graduate student with an interest in global issues and communications to assist in organizing and evaluating web content and web sites for UNDP’s online global network.
Duties and Responsibilities
The interested candidate will:
- Research content and produce Spanish language material and updates for Spanish social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter);
- Ensure global campaigns follow up and support, and audience engagement on Spanish Social media platforms;
- Produce graphic material to be used on Spanish Social media platforms;
- Provide assistance in curating and presenting stories, images and videos in UNDP’s web content management system;
- Review and edit web stories, headlines and captions in Spanish and English, liaising with the rest of the team to ensure consistency across languages;
- Assist in reviewing translations in Spanish, proofreading and reformulating if necessary for optimal web presentation;
- Assist the Spanish Web editor in maintaining contacts with content providers in order to solicit material for website, and/or for approval of drafts;
Solid Spanish writing and editing skills;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Attention to detail is crucial;
- Responsible, responsive, and enthusiastic;
- Interest in global issues and the United Nations;
- Must be able to work in a multi-cultural environment and be aware of political sensitivities.
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
(a) Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
(b) Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
(c) Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- Web and social media experience is an asset.
- Native Spanish and fluency in written and spoken English;
- French desirable.
- Must be available at least three days a week.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: New York City (United States of America)
- Grade: Internship
- Communication and Public Information
- Social Affairs
- Translations and Languages
- Scientist and Researcher
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Documentation and Information Management
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-10-01