Consultant for the development of FP-RHCS business cases in 2 WCA countries (Senegal and Ivory Coast)
Purpose of consultancy:
Building on the CSB's experience in 2017 in the development of FP-RHCS business cases in Nigeria, Kenya and the Democratic Republic of Congo, this consultant will be hired to carry out business cases in two Central and West Africa countries (Senegal and Ivory Coast).
Scope of Work:
The BC FP Development Consultant will have overall responsibility for the effective implementation of the development of 02 business Senegal and Ivory Coast. More precisely, the consultant will:
A. Analyze the current financial situation of modern contraceptives
Analyze country funding flows for modern contraception broken down into:
• global need;
• current support / availability of modern contraceptives;
• Gap between overall need and current availability (Define current resource gaps for modern contraceptives and for 12 and 60 months);
B. Identification of options to fill the gaps in modern contraception (for 12, 60 and 120 months)
• Describe the road map for financing planning at the national level taking into account the country's fiscal space, identifying who, what, how and when affects decision-making for the allocation of national resources to services and family planning products. This exercise should explain how national and sub-national funding planning works, and how to prioritize modern contraception, identifying the different steps and steps needed on the way forward.
• Describe options for scaling up efforts to address FP needs in a sustainable manner (including an analysis of innovative financing approaches that would facilitate the use of domestic / household finance as a contribution to meeting global needs );
C. Develop and exploit arguments for increased national investment in community health programs:
• Collect and consolidate data on the provision of FP services at the national and sub-national levels using the tools and methodology provided. The collected data will be used later to determine projected national and sub-national scenarios to address inequities in access and use of FP services across the country.
At the practical level and to facilitate national data collection and transfer of expertise, in each selected country, the consultant will work closely with UNFPA country office focal points for FP-RHCS who will facilitate all aspects of this initiative in the field.
- A technical protocol validated and adapted to country context for the development of the Business cases
- An inception report, which clearly illustrates how the consultancy shall be executed.
- Family Planning Business Cases for selected countries are realized.
- A set of pre-identified data collected using the tools and methodology provided.
- High-quality Power Point presentations for each Business cases are realized.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Individuals who could fulfill this assignment should have experience in costing and preparing the cost-benefit analysis in the public or private sector. Therefore, the International Consultants must have:
- Postgraduate university degree in any of the following disciplines: Economics, Development Economics, Finance, Management, Demography or other related field. Course in Health Economy is an asset.
- Proven competence and experience in conducting social and / or economic research.
- Experience in the financial evaluation of projects. I
- Experience in parameterization and evaluation of externalities in reproductive health.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of statistical analysis software.
- Experience in collecting, organizing and managing data.
- Experience in construction knowledge and modification of marginal cost reduction cost curves (MAC curves).
- Familiarity with international funding mechanisms for Family Planning.
- Experience in interacting with policy decision-makers.
- Experience in a public or private financial institution, ideally linked to international development.
- Excellent command of reading, writing and speaking in English and French.
All applicants should send the requested information Technical and financial offer, to at latest by August 27, 2018 at 17h00 Dakar Time.
- Organization: UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
- Location: Dakar (Senegal)
- Grade: International Consultant - Internationally recruited Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Operations and Administrations
- Public, Private Partnership
- Sexual and reproductive health
- Closing Date: 2018-08-27