TECHNICAL ASSISTANT FOR GREEN FINANCE
“UNDP partners with people at all levels of society to help build nations that can withstand crisis, and drive and sustain the kind of growth that improves the quality of life for everyone. On the ground in 177 countries and territories, UNDP offers global perspective and local insight to help empower lives and build resilient nations.”
UNDP Indonesia's mission is to be an agent for change in the human and social development of Indonesia. We aim to be a bridge between Indonesia and all donors as well as a trusted partner to all stakeholders. We work in four key areas of development: Governance Reforms, Pro-Poor Policy Reforms, Conflict Prevention and Recovery, and Environment Management, with the overarching aim of reducing poverty in Indonesia. Besides the four priority areas, UNDP Indonesia is also engaged in a variety of crosscutting initiatives focused on HIV/AIDS, gender equality, and information and technology for development.”
The Government of Indonesia (GoI) has committed to address climate change including risks and vulnerabilities that could have implications to the national development agendas. Up to now, GoI has enacted several climate change policies, i.e RAN-GRK, RAN-API, and NDC. To finance the climate change actions, the government has to ensure that it not only has adequate funding but also to track and monitor the results of the programmes it implements. In addition to addressing the direct challenge of climate change, the GoI also needs to overcome the differential impact of climate change on gender and poverty.
To address those needs, the MoF through the Fiscal Policy Agency (BKF) worked together with the UNDP within the framework of Sustainable Development Financing (SDF) Phase 2 project. The project aims to restructure Indonesia’s development planning and budget making processes to a more integrated approach when tackling climate change by promoting gender equality, transparency, and participation-based principles and standards as well as poverty reduction. The SDF will also support the implementation and monitoring of green finance (green sukuk/bond) and further to identify any potential innovative financial instruments in the future. The implementation of SDF Phase 2 will utilize partnerships with Government counterparts and Civil Society Organizations to collaborate for effective and efficient results.
Under the supervision of the National Project Manager (NPM), the Technical Assistant provides programme support services ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work in relation to green finance component of SDF Phase 2. The Technical Assistant works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and project staff in the CO and UNDP HQ as required to exchange information and support programme delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Support the project team to ensure effective project planning and implementation focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support the National Project Manager in overall general coordination and evaluation of project implementation
- Provide technical advice related to green finance component, prior to meetings/discussions with related stakeholdes
- Prepare of supporting data, review of existing methodology, doing research on technical papers and policy briefs
- Compiles, summarizes, and presents basic information/data on specific project and related topics or issues.
2. Support to the effective reporting on progress of project implementation
- Support to the preparation of quarterly project reports, in line with the monitoring and reporting guidelines and presents it to the project assurance team on a timely manner
- Data entry for develpoment/update database for related to the project.
3. Provides administrative support to the Project team focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintaion database of project, ensuring proper archivng of report of each component;
- Provide draft of TORs and minute of meetings;
- Organize meetings/workshops/trainings as necessary.
- Produce documentations/reports of discussions or meetings/workshops organized by project
4. Support strategic partnerships, communication and support to the implementation of resource mobilization
- Maintain good flow of communication and information between the project, the Ministry of Finance and other relevant stakeholders
- Updated database of the relevant public and development partners private sector, civil society and other stakeholders who are counterparts for the project;
- In coordination with UNDP’s Communication unit and other relevant counterpart communications department, support documentation of the project activities as a tool to communicate results, deepen stakeholder knowledge and buy-in to the project, and resource mobilization for the project.
5.Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the meetings/trainings for the operations/ projects staff.
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in project support management function.
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
- Identifies relevant information for advocacy for a variety of audiences
Results-Based Programme Development and Management
- Provides information and documentation on specific stages of projects/programme implementation
Building Strategic Partnerships
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
Innovation and Marketing New Approaches
- Documents and tracks innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches
Resource Mobilization (Field Duty Stations)
- Maintains information/databases on potential and actual donors
- Maintains database of project files
- Provides data and information needed for preparation of project documents
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Global Leadership and Advocacy for UNDP’s Goals
- Identifies relevant information for advocacy for UNDP’s goals for a variety of audiences
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
- Responds to client needs promptly
Willingness to take Prince2 training and certification, RMG
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Accounting, Finance, Development, Political Science, Social Science or other relevant fields of study would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
Minimum 3 years of work experience for candidates with Bachelor Degree and 5 years for candidates with Diploma Degree.Some working experience dealing with green finance, innovative financing, policy research, data collection, data analysis would be preferable
- Fluency in written and spoken English is an absolute necessity;
- Fluency in written and spoken Bahasa Indonesia is required.
- Demonstrated familiarity with UNDP development projects in Indonesia.
- Knowledge of and experience in green and or innovative financing related projects will be highly desirable.
- Good network with green finance related key stakeholder would be desirable.
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Full time availability for project management support duties is essential.
- Familiar with Government and UN/UNDP procedures would be desirable
- Up-to-date computer skills required, knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages
- Experience in handling of web based management systems would be preferable.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
UNDP Indonesia reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement.? We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP Indonesia at the same grade level and with a similar job description, experience, and education requirements.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Jakarta (Indonesia)
- Grade: SB-3, Service Contract, Local Contractors Agreement - Administrative support
- Banking and Finance
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-08-31