PROGRAM QUALITY AND STRATEGY DIRECTOR
Amman (Jordan) | Jordan
At CARE, we seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live with dignity and security.
This has been our vision since 1945, when we were founded to send lifesaving CARE Packages® to survivors of World War II. Today, CARE is a global leader in the movement to eradicate poverty. In 2016, CARE worked in 94 countries and reached 80 million people with an incredible range of life-saving programs. We also put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. We seek dynamic, innovative thinkers to further our mission. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
CARE is working in Syria to support vulnerable women, men, girls and boys affected by the ongoing civil war. We work both through partners and through direct delivery of humanitarian assistance across different parts of Syria. In addition, CARE supports livelihoods recovery and resilience programming within Syria. Most of our work is through cross border, remote-managed assistance modalities from neighboring countries, working closely with Syrian civil society organizations. Currently CARE’s core sectors in Syria are Food Security & Livelihoods (FSL), WASH and Protection, working with over 200 staff across the region. In addition, we maintain a standing emergency response capacity with a particular focus on Shelter/NFI programming. Total budget for the Syria operation is US dollar 33 million.
As of July 2017, CARE’s work from neighboring countries into Syria came under one-line management, headed by the Country Director for Syria. As part of recent changes in structure falling out of a revised strategy, CARE is now looking to hire a Program Quality and Strategy Director, who, following the steer of the revised strategy, will oversee program quality (including emergency programs) in the three operational hubs within Syria. This will include program strategy, design and development and program quality, specifically monitoring, evaluation, learning and impact measurement.
This position reports to the Deputy Country Director Programs and has a dotted line report to the Head of Operations.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
- Based in Amman, but with extensive travel to neighboring countries and within Syria, the Programe Quality and Strategy Director is a member of Senior Management Team (SMT).
- S/he will manage a Technical Unit of technical advisers to ensure coherent, high-quality programming is implemented with maximum impact on the protection, humanitarian and livelihoods needs of vulnerable populations in Syria, through a transformative, resilience-based approach.
- Working closely with the Deputy Country Director Programs, (DCDP), s/he is responsible for all program monitoring and evaluation to ensure that CARE’s programming in Syria is relevant, meets CARE’s strategic intentions and is of high quality, consistently meeting agreed minimum standards.
- Specifically, s/he is responsible for leading CARE Syria’s Partnership and CARE Syria’s Gender and Protection strategies.
- Strategy and Program Design
- Technical Support
- Meal and Partnership
- Staff Management and Acccountability
- Other responsibilties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in related field
- Masters degree in related field is a desired
- 6 years in a programe quality or management role within the humanitarian sector
- 8 years in a programme quality function within the humanitarian sector is a plus
To apply for this position, please visit our website at https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CAREUSA&cws=52&rid=4404
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences, particularly women, to apply.
CARE USA is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE's career website at any time.
- Organization: CARE - USA
- Location: Amman (Jordan) | Jordan
- Grade: Senior - Internationally recruited position - Senior level
- Project and Programme Management
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2018-09-23