Palika Administration and Finance Assistant - Open to Nepalese nationals only. Level SB 3 Peg 1
humla and kalikot
The current phase of Nepal Climate Change Support Programme will come to an end on 30 Sept 2018. DFID and GoN have jointly agreed to continue implementation of NCCSP as a transition project using climate resilient development (CRDP) approaches in 14 Palikas (one in each of 14 NCCSP districts) during FY 2018/2019 directly through UNDP. The focus of transition programme under next one year will be in implementing priority climate resilient development sub-projects identified by each of 14 Palikas in their Plan, capacity development, helping them to embed climate resilience into their development plans for the next fiscal year as well as document learnings of the project implementation under federal set up for future upscaling. UNDP will manage both TA and capital fund for the period 2018/19.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take full responsibility for managing administrative and finance functions of the programme as per financial rules and regulations (NIM)
- Record financial records/transaction of activities or works done with regards to implementation of the project in the UNDP NIM software (FAMOUS)
- Handle the regular office administrative functions.
- Assist Palika Coordinator in the management of the procurement of goods and services from service providers and managing grant agreements.
- Assist/provide support to the NCCSP PMU and Surkhet field office in providing financial information pertaining to implementation of NCCSP activities in the ground.
- Maintain filing system, mailing, data entry, inventory lists, etc.
- Provide other technical support, as required, during the implementation of the project.
The key Responsibilities of the assignment are:
- Ensure smooth administrative and financial functions
- Accurate record keeping of the project financial and administrative functions
- Record keeping of the resources delivered including disaggregation by GESI
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Serves and promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Good inter-personal skills;
- Clear and upfront communication skills;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism;
- Organized and good with following-up on pending issues; meets deadlines;
- Promote learning and knowledge management/sharing;
- Focused on delivering results by taking calculated-risks and problem solving approach;
- Fair and transparent decision making; regularly shares information with team members;;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development.
- Demonstrate ability to identify and anticipate bottlenecks, as well as seek guidance;
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy, confidentiality concerning financial and employee files; (for admin and finance, project management positions);
- Ability to organize and complete assignments within deadlines;
- Integrity and impartiality, ability to work with external partners e.g. supplier, vendors, service providers;
- Ability to convey difficult issues and positions to senior officials proactively seek guidance and make clear recommendations to line managers;
- Dynamic and results-oriented;
- Strong verbal and written skills; ability to draft short memos and conduct presentations;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities; can multi task;
- Willing to work long hours;
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view;
- Solicits feedback from staff about the impact of his/her own behavior highest standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty.
Required Skills and Experience
- Completion of Certificate level in Finance, Accounts, Business Administration or any other related subject.
- 5 years of relevant working experience (finance, account).
- Demonstrated experience in operating accounting software package
- Previous experience in the donor-funded projects
- Proficient in written and spoken Nepali and English languages.
- Computer skills (MS package)
- Ability to travel to live/travel to remote Palikas on a regular basis under challenging condition.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: humla and kalikot
- Grade: Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education - Administrative support
- Operations and Administrations
- Banking and Finance
- Administrative support
- Poverty Reduction
- Closing Date: 2018-09-03