Technical Officer (Immunization)
New Delhi (India)
Note\: This vacancy notice is readvertised for two weeks. Candidates who have already applied need not reapply.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMMEThe objective of the programme is to promote and support Member States in the South-East Asia Region to strengthen surveillance and introduction of emerging vaccine preventable disease activities by developing and improving national and regional plans and promotion of capacities for sustainable improvements.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIESThe specificduties to be performed are as follows\: 1. Provide technical assistance for integration of surveillance for diseases for which new/underutilized vaccines are available and in pipeline withthe existing surveillance programmes for other vaccine preventable diseases, in Member States;2. Monitor, evaluate and support periodic (monthly and quarterly) reporting of Japanese encephalitis, Invasive Bacterial Diseases and & Rota virus surveillance data/information and provide feedback to Member States, partners and to the WHO HQ.3. Assist introduction of new vaccine including conducting and coordinating training activities in Member states especially for emerging VPDs;4. Support Member States in planning research studies that would provide information for action in quantifying the disease burden for control of VPDs for which new/underutilized vaccines are available and in pipeline.5. Analyze immunization and surveillance data and coordinate/support for conducting EPI and VPD surveillance reviews as well as post introduction evaluations (PIE); 6. Provide technical support for health system strengthening for immunization outcomes and ensuring financial sustainability for national immunization programmes;7. Perform other tasks as assigned.8. To submit an assignment report at the end of the assignment
EducationEssential\: Degree in medicine with Masters in public health or related disciplines
ExperienceEssential\: At least seven years' of relevant experience in areas of immunization, VPD surveillance and programme monitoring including some experience in international context.
Desirable\: Experience at National/Sub-National level in new and underutilized vaccine introduction.
SkillsThrough knowledge of public health and knowledge of vaccine preventable diseases and their surveillance is essential. Knowledge and experience of monitoring, evaluation and statistical analysis and data management are desirable.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
Use of Language SkillsEssential\: Expert knowledge of English.
REMUNERATIONWHO salaries for staff in the Professional category are calculated in US dollars. The remuneration for the above position comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 71,332 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable), a variable post adjustment, which reflects the cost of living in a particular duty station, and currently amounts to USD 2027 per month for the duty station indicated above. Other benefits include 30 days of annual leave, allowances for dependent family members, home leave, and an education grant for dependent children.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link\: http\://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit\: http\://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- Applications from women and from nationals of non and underrepresented Member States are particularly encouraged.
- Organization: WHO - World Health Organization
- Location: New Delhi (India)
- Grade: P-4, International Professional - Internationally recruited position - Mid level
- Public Health and Health Service
- Malaria, Tuberculosis and other infectious diseases
- Closing Date: 2018-09-06