New Delhi (India)
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMMEThe Department of Administration and Finance is responsible for providing efficient and effective support service to all programmes and activities of the Organisation in the South-East Asia Region in respect of human resources management, administration, budget and finance, procurement, conference, IT services, staff security and staff medical services. The objective of the Human Resources Management (HRM) unit in SEARO is to recruit the best qualified personnel in a timely manner; deliver effective and efficient HR services to clients in the Regional Office and Country Offices; promote a culture of staff well-being and development; and guide staff, including new and reassigned staff members, as well as managers through the provision of expert advice on all human resource related matters.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIESUnder the direct supervision of Executive Associate - HRM/ADM, and broad guidance of the Human Resources Officer, the incumbent provides office support for the smooth running of the programme/unit in the following areas\:
- Analyzes incoming correspondence and requests in the light of background material, instructions, policies and precedents, researching, obtaining and attaching background information in anticipation of the responsible officer's needs, or redirecting them as appropriate; identifies and highlights incoming documents and attaches background information and identifies areas requiring action by senior general service and professional staff, drawing their attention to specific items.
- Acts as a focal point for administrative questions on various HR activities in HRM/SEARO and liaises with different administrative focal points across SEAR duty stations, Headquarters and other Major Offices on HR and administrative activities.
- Drafts HR correspondence and reports in accordance with WHO and HRM/SEARO requirements, ensuring language, grammar and accuracy prior to submitting for signature and clearance.
- Maintains and uses appropriate tracking tools linked to various HR activities across HRM/SEARO, including salary and other ICSC surveys, contract administration, performance management and rewards, benefits and entitlements and other HR related issues.
- Regularly uses the GSM system, Stellis and other systems to track and monitor recruitment and staffing trends effectively to allow for comprehensive records, reporting and statistics.
- Conducts research on HR cases and precedence relating to conditions of employment, best practices, and staff and brings to the attention of responsible officer. Initiates requisitions for goods/services procurement and record receipt of deliverables.
Meeting Administration/Duty Travel
- Organizes the logistics of various meetings, workshops and other video/teleconferences ensuring smooth running of such meetings and preparation of conference materials and documents.
- Obtains briefing and prepares background materials for meetings, seminars, workshops, etc., and ensure complete documentation is provided to the unit staff attending the meeting.
- Prepares travel requests for official travel, make flight and hotel reservations, prepare travel files.
- Schedules unit meetings and prepare minutes.
- Receives visitors and telephone calls with tact and discretion, and acts according to the nature and urgency of each, including redirecting as appropriate, providing background information for appointments with official visitors, staff members, and or candidates.
- Performs other related duties as required or instructed, including providing support to other areas of work
EducationEssential\: Completion of secondary school education
Desirable\: University degree is an asset. Training in the field of human resources is an advantage.
ExperienceEssential\: At least five (5) years' experience in secretarial/clerical/administrative work
Desirable\: Experience in human resources management is an asset. Experience in WHO or in another UN/International organization would be an advantage.
- Thorough knowledge of modern office procedures and practices. The incumbent keeps abreast of changes in procedures and practices, rules and regulations, organizational structure, in the department, and WHO.
- Ability to draft standard correspondence;
- Ability to handle work in a timely and accurate manner with tact and discretion, as required.
- Ability to maintain and update knowledge in the use of office technology through in-house courses, on-the-job training and/or self-training.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Moving forward in a changing environment
Use of Language SkillsEssential\: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Hindi.
REMUNERATIONWHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at INR 784,918 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- Please note applications should be submitted through WHO's online recruitment portal. Please visit www.who.int/careers to complete an online profile and to apply to this vacancy.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- The written test for shortlisted candidates will tentatively be held during 24 September to 10 October 2018. Candidates are advised to make themselves available during that period.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link\: http\://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit\: http\://www.who.int./
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
- Organization: WHO - World Health Organization
- Location: New Delhi (India)
- Grade: GS-5, General Service - No need for Higher Education - Locally recruited position - Administrative support
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-09-10