Project Manager, ICT for Reforms
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the implementation of CPD 2017-2021;
- Coordinate and contribute to the further development of the UNDP Programme through its promotion and partnership building with the relevant judicial stakeholders and relevant international and local partners;
- Negotiate with Donors and coordinate resource mobilization activities for projects/activities within the framework of the project and maintaining regular communication with them;
- Contribute to the formulation and development of new projects and strategic plans that are in line with the UNDP strategic focus;
- Monitor implementation progress and ensure quality and timely reporting to donors and Project partners.
- Identify opportunities for synergies between the Project and ongoing and planned UN programmes;
- Organize project team work consisting of Project Assistant and consultants, prepare and assign tasks, monitor progress and motivate staff;
- Maintain regular communication and provide advisory support to the Ministry of Justice and Director General in the Ministry of Justice in charge of ICT and analytics and statistics;
- Act as a focal point for Donor coordination meetings related to the Chapter 23;
- Ensure that work plans are prepared and updated on time and reflect project objectives and outputs;
- Ensure timely coordination and implementation of recruitment of individual consultants;
- Ensure that procurement of goods and services under the project is undertaken in an optimal quality manner;
- Monitor implementation progress and ensure quality and timely reporting to project partners;
- Ensure the establishment and maintenance of complete accounting records of all project activities (budget, commitments, expenditures, income); ensure proper follow up in relation to project expenditures, approval, and financial reporting;
- Be responsible for all assets purchased and used under the projects;
- Monitoring of the resources being spent i.e. approve requisitions in Atlas and certify/confirm receipt of goods and services.
- Preparation of implementation action plans, organization of project team and assign tasks, monitor progress on a regular basis;
- Assistance in identifying relevant sources of expertise for project/activity implementation;
- Review official documents and communications;
- Advice respective Team Leader on potential adjustments of actions and procedures in light of changing requirements, issues, risks and needs;
- Regular monitoring of the relevant events and/or subjects in the local media.
- Keep target publics informed about Project visibility;
- Make sure that outputs produced find adequate recognition.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Creating synergies through self-control;
- Managing conflict;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others;
- Informed and transparent decision making.
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives.
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things.
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position;
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding and knowledge of the current guidelines and project management tools and utilizes these regularly in work assignments
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Promotes knowledge management in UNDP and a learning environment in the office through leadership and personal example;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas related to governance, acts on learning plan and applied newly acquired skills.
- Seeks and applies knowledge, information and best practices from within and outside of UNDP.
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting;
- Ability to lead formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development programmes and projects, mobilize resources;
- Ability to formulate and manage budgets, manages contributions and investments, manage transactions, conduct financial analysis and reporting.
- Ability to think strategically, to express ideas clearly and concisely, to work both independently and in teams, to demonstrate self-confidence combined with sensitivity to gender and culture;
- Strong knowledge of and application skills in result-based management.
- Builds strong relationships with clients, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills Strong resource mobilization, communication and advocacy skills;
- Demonstrates ability to manage complexities and work under pressure, as well as conflict resolution skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree in Social sciences, or ICT related.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience in complex project management and negotiations with donors;
- Experience in working on ICT driven projects would be an asset;
- Knowledge on Judicial Reform process in Montenegro would be an asset;
- Knowledge of current Montenegrin governing institutions and practices and demonstrated capacity to approach them creatively and promote change; knowledge of concepts and methods of change management.
- Fluency in English, and local language of the duty station.
- Computer proficiency (MS Office package, Internet); knowledge of mainstream ICT office software is required.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Podgorica (Montenegro)
- Grade: SB-4, Service Contract, Local Contractors Agreement - Junior level
- Democratic Governance
- Project and Programme Management
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2018-09-10