Consultancy for the Development of Teacher guidelines for Catch up Education Centers
- Purpose of the Consultancy
The objective of this consultancy is to review and recommend materials for use for accelerated learning and to develop teacher guidelines for the catch-up centers. The teacher guideline will enable catch- up centers teachers plan and deliver an accelerated course package based on the national curriculum in Mathematics and English to girls who dropped out of school to enable them to re-enter the formal schooling to continue with their learning.
Objectives and Scope of Work
Development of a teacher guide for Upper Primary Mathematics and English for accelerated learning approach based on the KICD curriculum. The aim of the accelerated learning is for the girls enrolled in catch-up canters to gain requisite learning competences to allow them reintegrate back to regular formal education over a period of less than one year.
- Review existing non-formal curriculum and any other KICD approved materials for appropriateness for use in accelerated learning in the catch-up centers
- If applicable, collaboratively (with KICD), identify gaps in existing materials and recommend other sources of materials that build or augment existing materials
- Develop appropriate upper primary Math and English teacher guides for accelerated acquisition of competencies by out of school learners. The guides should be gender friendly and based on KICD approved curriculum and informed by global best practices. Learners are expected to be in catch up centers for a period of 6 and 12 months.
- Develop competency-based learning assessment rubrics for literacy and numeracy for the relevant levels for use at catch-up entry level, to assess progress in the catch-up and at catch-up exit to formal schooling.
- Prepare and conduct training of Catch up teachers on the use of the guides. The training may take a cascade approach with the responsibility of the consultant to do the Training of Trainers (ToT).
To apply, follow the link below:-
If you experience any difficulties, send an email to email@example.com.
- Organization: Education Development Trust
- Location: Kenya (Kenya)
- Grade: Senior - Internationally recruited position - Senior level
- Education, Learning and Training
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2018-09-07