Reports Officer, P-2, Fixed Term Appointment, Khartoum, Sudan
Looking for a Reports Officer who will be accountable for monitoring and writing Donor Reports of all Programme funds, falling under UNICEF Sudan.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, www.unicef.org/sudan
Sudan is a huge country, more than four times the size of Sweden and the third largest in Africa—even after South Sudan was carved out in 2011. Sudan has a lot of land and resources, a population of 40 million and a history that predates the Nubian kingdoms established along the Nile River around 4,000 BC.
Sudan’s children make up half of the total population, and the past two decades have seen their lives improve. Fewer boys and girls are dying before their fifth birthday. Primary school attendance is increasing. Immunization coverage is high and the country remains polio free.
Still, millions of children continue to suffer from chronic conflict, from seasonal natural disasters and disease outbreaks, from under-investment in basic social services. Sudan ranks as one of the worst in the world for malnutrition, and three million of its school aged children are not in the classroom.
How can you make a difference?
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Compile and edit weekly security, humanitarian and programmatic updates, based on inputs from the field offices. Disseminate the report to all of Sudan, OPSCEN and HQ and RO focal points.
- Compile and edit all donor proposals for the North Sudan programme in consultation with the sections heads, the field offices and the co-ordination unit.
- Compile and edit monthly programmatic updates based on inputs from sections. Design North Sudan report, with photographs and funding information. Contribute to Sudan-wide monthly report.
- Update and maintain information on all the donor and programme reporting requirements. Ensure section heads and field offices are updated on these requirements and follow up as required.
- Maintain contact with OCHA office as regards reporting requirements and ensure sections heads and Resident Project Officers in the zonal offices are updated on such requirements. Draft UNICEF’s input into these reports in conjunction with programme staff.
- Design and deliver briefing notes for the SPO when necessary. Provide inputs for briefing notes to the Fundraising Officer as necessary.
- Analyses of Common Humanitarian Fund, CERF, EPF and other emergency funding mechanisms to advise SPO on appropriate allocation and utilisation of funds, including provision of accurate and timely reports to donors and partners.
- Support Field offices during donors, media, other high level missions to the field, in collaboration with Communications and Operations sections.
- Undertake field visits, when necessary.
- Maintain archives for all reports and proposals
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in social sciences or related technical field.
- A minimum of two to three years of progressively responsible professional work experience at national and international levels.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of Arabic language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The technical competencies required for this post are….
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Khartoum (Sudan)
- Grade: P-2, International Professional - Internationally recruited position - Junior level
- Documentation and Information Management
- Closing Date: 2018-09-11