VN 2018/205 (P) - Information Management and Communications Technology Officer (Immigration and Visas Unit) (P3) - Geneva, Switzerland
Position Title Information Management & Communications TechnologyOfficer(Immigration&VisasUnit)
Duty Station :Geneva, Switzerland Classification Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Closing Date : 10 September 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Cook Islands, Cuba, Cabo Verde, Czech Republic, Djibouti, Fiji, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Grenada, Guyana, Iceland, Kiribati, Comoros, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Saint Lucia, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Palau, Paraguay, Solomon Islands, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, Sao Tome and Principe, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Specialist, Immigration & Visas (IV) Unit, within the Immigration and Border Management Division (IBM), Department of Migration Management (DMM), and the technical oversight of the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Division and in close coordination with other relevant units at Headquarters (HQs) and in the field, the successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for the overall management and implementation of the Information Management and Communications Technology (IM & ICT) components of IOM’s global IV programming to include the related infrastructure of the field offices providing IV solutions with a particular focus on on-going IV projects in the Middle East and Africa.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Oversee the execution of new and existing IM & ICT systems operations for the IV Unit, the corresponding technical action plans of the IV Unit and its alignment with Global IM & ICT work plans.
2. Lead the development and enhancement for the IV Unit, of integrated technology, cloud Page 1 / 4computing systems and other innovative technologies including Artificial Intelligence (AI), blockchain and big data.
3. Provide guidance and support to field offices providing IM & ICT IV solutions, oversee and support the recruitment process for IM & ICT IV staff. Support IV field managers and focal points in evaluating, identifying and reporting on resources required (human, financial and equipment). Act as the technical lead for IM & ICT field staff on IV solutions.
4. Provide IV technical guidance to field missions on information management, developing technology-driven roadmaps, exploring IV related opportunities, and emerging IM & ICT product concepts leveraging the best in technology. Advise on appropriate data collection methodologies and responsible for writing project proposals for Information Management & Communications components aligned with organizational and IV requirements. 5. Promote synergies, harmonization and alignment of IM & ICT IV activities. Act as the IM & ICT change agent for the IV Unit and support the implementation of IM & ICT IV solutions, and new IV projects and initiatives globally. Support introduction and rollout of technological changes and systems in support of IV programming.
6. Promote and support IM & ICT IV resources sharing, aimed at streamlining the support and improving overall efficiencies of IM & ICT activities related to IV. Develop and implement innovative, multi-country IV IM & ICT solutions.
7. Oversee appropriate coordination and information sharing within the IV Unit and with central IM and ICT teams on related activities and projects/programs. Act as a thematic resource, initiating and coordinating capacity building, training, and general information management and ICT support to field offices using IM & ICT IV solutions.
8. Contribute to raising the awareness and building the capacity of IV staff toward innovative technologies, IM & ICT initiatives and in support of new project opportunities aligned with prioritized initiatives by the ICT division.
9. Develop communication protocols and establish regular reporting mechanisms for all technical components through the implementation of IV projects with significant IM & ICT solutions to serve the Organization’s needs. Provide regular updates to IM & ICT Management. Ensure ICT Division endorsement of IM & ICT projects is consistent with the ICT Division Strategy, policies and relevant instructions.
10. Coordinate with designated IM & ICT partners, sub-contractors, and development teams in support of integrated platforms analysis against existing solutions, implementation, troubleshooting, support of designated applications and system requirements. Follow IV, IM & ICT projects, and report in a timely manner, regarding all the technical activities and all information management and communications issues.
11. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or • University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience. Experience
• Working experience in a regional or global role with IM cloud computing projects using a CRM Page 2 / 4solution;
• Working experience implementing and supporting a CRM solution for case management and integrated call/contact centres;
• Experience in facilitated migration, immigration and visa processing, emergency response, data management or information management;
• Experience implementing IOM’s data protection guidelines through information systems and database solutions;
• Good working knowledge of Project Management and Project Development;
• Experience in liaising with technical vendors and providers, private sector, UN agencies, NGOs, UN service providers and other implementing partners;
• Working knowledge or training in IM & ICT security is a distinct advantage; • Extensive experience conducting end-user training and creating user-training materials. Languages
Fluency in English and Arabic is required. Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders; • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others; • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. How to apply:
Page 3 / 4Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 10 September 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 28.08.2018 to 10.09.2018
Requisition: VN2018/205(P)-InfoMngmt&CommTechOffcr(Imgrtion&VisasUnit)(P3)GenevaSwitzerland (55629133) Released
Posting: Posting NC55629144 (55629144) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Geneva (Switzerland)
- Grade: P-3, International Professional - Internationally recruited position - Mid level
- Communication and Public Information
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Documentation and Information Management
- Closing Date: 2018-09-10