Human Resources Specialist (Performance Management)
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations
depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The Office of Human Resources develops, recommends and facilitates implementation of human resources policies, procedures and services and advises management on appropriate measures and strategies to ensure that the Organization attracts, develops and retains a diverse, skilled and highly motivated workforce. OHR administers the Organization's human resources management programmes, in particular in the areas of talent acquisition, position management, recruitment, mobility, staff development and social security. It supports the HR Units and staff throughout the Organization, in the SSC and the Regional Offices, to ensure that HR processes and programmes are delivered in a consistent, effective and efficient manner.
FAO International Consultants and Call purpose
The Organization frequently engages experts to work on short-term projects as international consultants. An international consultant is engaged by the Organization to provide expertise, skills or knowledge for the performance of a specific task or piece of work, which would be short-term by nature. The assignment can be from 1 month up to 11 months. The possibility of extension is subject to satisfactory performance and depending on the resources and needs of the Organization.
The objective of the Call is to attract talented individuals with experience and background in Learning and Performance Management to populate the Learning Specialists Roster. Experts who are registered in the Roster are available for consideration whenever relevant opportunities arise.
The incumbent reports to a Senior Human Resources Officer
Performance management, training, capacity development
Tasks and Responsibilities
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
FAO Core Competencies
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Candidates with acceptable language certificate/s should upload them when submitting their application. For details, visit http\://www.fao.org/3/I8446EN/i8446en.pdf
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: Rome (Italy)
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2018-10-05