Country Representative Ethiopia
Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
The International Water Management Institute (IWMI) is seeking dynamic leaders with exceptional management aptitude and a deep understanding of water, land and agricultural development challenges and opportunities in regions where we work. IWMI currently has Country Representative opportunity in Ethiopia.
About the role
Country Representatives lead and manage vibrant scientific and support teams in their respective offices/regions and are responsible for the efficient running of those operations. They raise IWMI’s profile while building and managing strong working relationships with research partners, national and regional authorities, and other stakeholders. They proactively lead and participate in attracting grants and external funding from donors. They build collaboration and maintain strong links with national and international partners to promote uptake and impact from the Institute’s research outputs. Country Representatives also lead and undertake research in line with their personal expertise and IWMI’s strategic plan.
Country Representatives will spend a minimum of 55% of their time on duties representing IWMI and managing people and operations, with the remaining time on project-specific research activities.
What we are looking for
- A master’s degree or a PhD in ecology, hydrology, international development, water resources management, development economics, anthropology, sociology or another area related to IWMI’s research
- At least 10 years’ relevant work experience holding positions of increasing responsibility
- Experience liaising with key donor agencies and a track record of successful fundraising
- Demonstrated experience of influencing stakeholders, especially senior decision makers at national and regional levels
- Proven experience motivating interdisciplinary teams that have delivered high quality research and impact
- Experience leading multi-cultural teams, with sensitively and respect for diversity, within a developing country context
- Strong interpersonal skills with fluency in English.
What we are offering
These are globally recruited positions with competitive salaries commensurate with experience, an attractive retirement plan, comprehensive international insurance coverage and a transportation allowance. If successful candidates require international relocation, they will be eligible for additional allowances, which include housing, education, shipping assistance, and home leave transportation for employee and eligible dependents. The duration of the contract will initially be for a three-year period with possible extension.
How to apply
If you are interested in one or several of the Country Representative opportunities, you can apply by following the application instructions at www.iwmi.org/jobs. We will be accepting applications through 24:00 (Sri Lanka time) September 24, 2018 (Monday). All applications will be acknowledged, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The International Water Management Institute is an international, non-profit, scientific research organization focusing on the sustainable use of water and land resources in developing countries. IWMI works in partnership with governments, civil society and the private sector to develop scalable agricultural water management solutions that have a real impact on poverty reduction, food security and ecosystem health. Headquartered in Colombo, Sri Lanka, with regional offices across Asia and Africa, IWMI is a CGIAR Research Center and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Water, Land and Ecosystems (WLE). www.iwmi.org
IWMI is an equal opportunity employer and emphasizes the importance of diversity and inclusiveness in identifying candidates for this position and its staff more generally.
- Organization: IWMI - International Water Management Institute
- Location: Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
- Grade: Senior - Internationally recruited position - Senior level
- Water Resource Management
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2018-09-25