Programme Support Office
Reporting Advisor, (ISP)
(International Or Local)
Deadline for Applications
8 September 2018
Contract Type & Duration
ISP (Individual Service Provider) – Two months and half
Vacancy Announcement Number
Duty Station & Department
Lebanon Filed Office - Programme Support Office
UNRWA encourages applications from qualified women and welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities.
UNRWA, the largest United Nations operation in the Middle East with over 30,000 staff working across five areas of operation, is looking for professionals like you.
UNRWA's human development goals
UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions from UN member states, regional bodies, business foundations and individual contributions. UNRWA has identified four human development goals as the focus of the Agency's operations in committing to fostering human development of Palestine refugees by helping them to: lead long and healthy lives, acquire knowledge and skills, achieve decent standards of living and enjoy human rights to the fullest possible extent.
How can you make a difference?
You will be joining a team of around 3000 staff in the Lebanon Field Office working to foster the human development of some 470,000 registered Palestine refugees.••
The Reporting Advisor will be responsible for:
The main responsibilities include:
• Provide technical support to the Lebanon Field Office on formulation of donor reports, ensuring timely submission of financial and narrative reports.
• Participate in the formulation of project proposals and identify linkages across programme activities and critical points of integration.
• Respond to donor queries and questions regarding ongoing and completed projects.
• Maintain the project management system and input master data on all new projects, including file management and bi-weekly reporting on project report dates.
• Collect and analyze data on UNRWA's Syria Crisis Response for regular internal reporting purposes.
• Organize and participate in regular work plan and programme review meetings with all departments within the UNRWA Lebanon Field Office, taking minutes of meetings and following up with necessary actions.
• Prepare substantive briefs as needed and identify in close partnership with the Programme and Area Teams new opportunities/initiatives.
• Support effective application of RBM tools.
• Provide support to the Front Office as required.
Conditions of service•
Monthly basic salary: According to qualification and experience
Contract Duration: Two months and half
To qualify for this position, you will need:
University degree "BA" in International Relations, Development or related degree;
At least four year of relevant work experience in the field of international development or emergency relief;
Excellent command of written and spoken English.
You will also need to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Excellent research and drafting skills and proven ability to draft external and internal documents to a high standard;
• Proven ability to work remotely and independently;
• Ability to develop clear goals and identify priority activities and assignments;
• Excellent communication skills in both spoken and written English;
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish constructive working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, and with people of diverse backgrounds;
• Sound judgment and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Understanding of Middle Eastern context and Palestine refugee issues;
• Knowledge of Arabic;
• Knowledge of UNRWA's work in Syria;
• Knowledge of the operational context in Lebanon at present.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Good knowledge of information technology and proven ability to apply it in work assignments
For guidance on how to prepare for competency-based interviews:
Recruitment in UNRWA Lebanon – How it works:
How to apply
To start the application process, applicants are required to register at http://jobs.unrwa.org by creating a personal profile and completing UNRWA Personal History Form. Only applications received through http://jobs.unrwa.org will be considered. Due to the large number of applications received for UNRWA vacancies, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted. Please ensure that the e-mail address that you will indicate in your Personal History Profile is accurate, candidates shortlisted for test or interview will only be contacted by e-mail. No follow up phone calls will be made.
The United Nations does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process. The United Nations does not concern itself with information related to bank accounts.
This vacancy notice is open to internal and external candidates. As an Area post, preference will be given to local candidates already based in the duty station of the post.
UNRWA is a United Nations organization whose staff are expected to uphold the highest standards of integrity, neutrality and impartiality. This includes respect for and commitment to human rights, diversity, and non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. UNRWA staff are expected to uphold these values at all times, both at work and outside. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for UNRWA jobs. UNRWA is a non-smoking work environment.
The Agency reserves the right not to make an appointment, to make an appointment at a lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description
Date of issue: 31 August 2018
- Organization: UNRWA - United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestinian Refugees
- Location: Lebanon (Lebanon)
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Communication and Public Information
- Documentation and Information Management
- Closing Date: 2018-09-08