Internship assignment, UN Coordination Office
Working in the areas of human rights and sustainable development, the UN System in Montenegro supports the country’s European Union accession priorities, building on its global development network, access to innovative solutions, knowledge, experience and resources. In partnership with the government, NGOs, municipalities and other actors, the UN System focuses on results in three areas: Democratic Governance, Social Inclusion and Sustainable Development.
The UN Country Team in Montenegro is composed of five resident and eleven regionally based organizations and is headed by the UN Resident Coordinator who is supported by the UN Coordination Office (UNCO). As of 2010 Montenegro officially started implementing Delivering as One approach, hence the UN System and the Government of Montenegro committed to work more cohesively and in a more coordinated manner within the framework of the so called Integrated UN Programme. Within the DaO framework, the UN System merges its capacities, expertise and comparative advantages with the ones of the Government and national and international partners.
The UN Coordination Office (UNCO) provides support to the work of the UN Resident Coordinator and the UN Country Team. The UNCO facilitates inter-agency coordination, communication and collaboration and supports the UN Country Team in overall implementation of the UN Integrated UN Programme.
Duties and Responsibilities
Intern will provide support to the UN Coordination Office in Montenegro in day to day activities. Under the guidance and primary supervision of the UN Communications Analyst, the Intern will be expected to carry out the following core responsibilities:
- Support in implementation and roll out of UNCO innovative initiatives including but not limited to ICT endeavours such as UNDAF Online Hub, management of common UN contacts database, development of innovative tools in designing interventions, etc;
- Assist in managing official UN Montenegro social media platforms, both outreach and analytics;
- Support in development and implementation of UN Montenegro events and communications products such as action plans, featured human and success stories, various visual products, think-pieces, blogs, etc;
- Coordinating with different UN organisations, collecting and sorting relevant communications materials;
- Assist in streamlining complex UN themes and topics into the simplified forms, both narrative and visual, using various tools for visualisation and presentation (Power Point, Prezi, Canva, Visual.ly, Piktochart, etc.);
- Provide support in managing day-to-day business, including upgrading mailing lists and data bases, managing photo galleries, preparation materials for meetings and events, written and oral translation as needed, etc;
- Assist in analytics of various topics and areas relevant for the work of UN;
- Other day-to-day activities agreed with the UN Communication Analyst and the UN Coordination Analyst.
- Demonstrates commitment to UN’s mission, vision and values;
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of UN;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability. Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills with developed attention to details;
- Demonstrates ability to manage complexities and work under pressure, as well as conflict resolution skills;
- Ability to think strategically, learn fast, express ideas clearly and concisely, work both independently and in teams.
Required Skills and Experience
- Student or recent graduate of Economics, Law, Communications, International Relations, ICT, Social Sciences or similar (only current students and graduates who can start the internship within one-year of graduation will be taken into consideration);
- Experience in writing stories and using social media;
- Ability to turn complex content into concise engaging stories, using simplified forms;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Excellent knowledge of local and English language, written and spoken.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their applications by September 16, 2018 by using the Apply now button. The application should contain CV and a letter from the university confirming current enrolment and graduation date. Please note that UNDP jobsite system allows only one uploading of application document, so please make sure that you merge all your documents into a single file.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Podgorica (Montenegro)
- Grade: Internship
- Managerial positions
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-09-16