Communication for Development (C4D) Consultant (6 months)
The purpose of this consultancy is to contribute to the improvement of immunization outcomes by addressing the low awareness and understanding of the importance of vaccination in ARMM. This involves designing and delivering effective Communication for Development (C4D) strategies to mobilize target populations participate in vaccination and other public health initiatives. The C4D consultant will be based in Cotabato and work in close coordination with Department of Health (DOH) Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) with frequent field visits to priority Local Government Units (LGUs).
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
- Facilitate and design communication strategies and components on Expanded Program on Immunization (EPI) specifically targeted for ARMM region.
- Assist and liaise with government and development partners in capacity-building, advocacy and other activities to strengthen communication towards changing behaviors and public perception on vaccines and immunization programs.
- Develop communication strategies to enhance public acceptability of the immunization program in ARMM.
- Support the conduct of reviews, assessments validations and other EPI-related activities for evidence-based development of communication strategies and policies.
- Identify the best practices as well as bottlenecks, challenges and constraints of the program or health system of the Region through various methods of documentation (e.g., testimonies, case studies, or compiled stories from the field to include photo, video, written or other forms of documentations).
- Write a final narrative report possibly with video documentation which will include a summary, implementation strategies, challenges, innovations, recommendations, opportunities and next steps.
- Inception Report and Communication for Development (C4D) plan of support
- Progress Reports
- Documentation on the Fatwa on Immunization: Muslim Religious Leaders (MRL) Conference on Immunization Strategic Communication Plan for EPI
- Documentation of EPI-related trainings conducted and funded by DOH-ARMM and UNICEF with emphasis on the communication aspects.
- Audience Survey and Profiling, Key Messages and Strategies for C4D Implementation in the Region and its LGUs.
- 2019 Regional Communication Plan
- Immunization Policy Advocacy and Development (Regional and Local Immunization Policy Issuances, etc.) with analysis of the possible behavioral outcomes or impacts on immunization
- Policy briefs, donor proposals and donor visibility documents
- Final documentation in narrative form with photos, tables, and illustrations as appropriate.
Qualifications and Competencies of Successful Consultant
- Advanced degree (Master’s or higher) in social or behavioral sciences (Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, Health Education, etc.) with emphasis on strategic communication planning for behavior development, social mobilization, participator communication and research.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in C4D related projects with documentation and professional writing in semi/popular formats.
- Excellent research, analytical and writing skills with demonstrated ability to translate technical information into popular format.
- Ability to systematically analyze data according to local contexts and socio-political environments and in relation to the broader local and national government assistance initiative.
- Working knowledge on health and local government context and processes in ARMM is an advantage
- Experience working with DOH-ARMM and its LGUs an advantage
- Willingness to travel to priority areas in the Region.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates are requested to complete an online candidate profile in http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/ by 23 September 2018. Only applications sent through the e-recruitment portal under Job Number: 515794 will be considered.
All candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, and the duly filled P 11 form which can be downloaded from our website at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/P11.doc indicating three (3) previous supervisors. Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
Only shortlisted consultants will be contacted.
By applying through our Talent Management System (TMS) you agree to our privacy statement which is in line with the Philippines’ Data Privacy Act. You are strongly advised to read carefully through the privacy statement before submitting your application.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Cotabato (Philippines)
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Communication and Public Information
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Closing Date: 2018-09-23