Administrative Officer C (Acting appointment for one year)
hq amman, jordan
Internal Vacancy Announcement Administrative Officer C
(UNRWA Dispute Tribunal)
Vacancy Announcement Numb18-AR-AM-22 Grade 12 Duration Acting appointment for one year Deadline for Applications3 September 2018 Duty Station HQ Amman, Jordan UNRWA is committed to achieving gender parity at all levels of staffing under the current UN-wide gender agenda and strongly encourages applications from qualified women. UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities. UNRWA, the largest United Nations operation in the Middle East with over 30,000 staff working ribunaloss five areas of operation, is looking for highly committed professionals wishing to make a change.
UNRWA’s Dispute Tribunal
The UNRWA Dispute Tribunal, which is utilized by the Agency as the neutral first instance of the United nations two-tier formal system of administration of justice. The UNRWA Dispute Tribunal is established under UNRWA’s Area and International Staff Regulations and Rules and is competent to
hear and pass judgment on an appeal of: (1) an administrative decision taken by UNRWA Management in respect of a staff member that is alleged to be in non-compliance with the terms of appointment or the contract of employment; or (2) an administrative decision imposing a disciplinary measure.
Do you want to make a lasting difference?
ispute you are looking for a rewarding opportunity to develop in your career within the Agency as an the Registrar of the UNRWA Dispute Tribunal, and will provide administrative support to thesible to Registrar.
DThe main responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Registrar with the receipt, registration and case management of appeals filed with the UNRWA Dispute Tribunal, including but not limited to, receiving, transmitting, filing and storage of all documents related to each case file, both in hard copy and electronically; drafting routine correspondence to parties; and maintaining case management spread sheets and other related documents;
- Providing back-up to the Administrative Officer in assisting the Registrar in managing and administering the human, financial and other resources allocated to the Registry and in advising the Registrar on administrative, personnel and logistical matters related to the Registry’s operational activities, including but not limited to, preparing monthly attendance sheets for all members of the UNRWA Dispute Tribunal, preparing all documents related to travel of members of the UNRWA Dispute Tribunal, making all logistical arrangements for travel, hearings and outreach/training sessions, and making all purchases and drafting service contracts as needed for the functioning of the UNRWA Dispute Tribunal, including liaising and following up with the Budget, Finance and Procurement Departments;
- Reviewing incoming e-mails to the Registrar account and preparing draft responses;
- Acting for the Administrative Officer during the latter’s absence;
- Responsible for inputting data, updating and maintaining the electronic and hard copy case management systems for the UNRWA Dispute Tribunal;
- Assisting in the dissemination of the decisions, rulings and judgments of the UNRWA Dispute Tribunal.
To qualify for this position, you will need:
Education A university degree from an accredited educational institution in business administration, law or related field.
Work Three years’ experience as an administrative officer or assistant or Experience practicing paralegal in a public or business organization or institution. Language(s) Good knowledge of written and spoken English and Arabic. DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Experience in providing administrative support to lawyers, judges or senior government or UN officials. Equivalency
When the minimum requirements are not fully met, the Director of Human Resources, in consultation with the Judge, may exceptionally substitute part of the unmet requirements with a combination of relevant academic qualifications, additional professional training and progressive relevant work experience.
NB: Work experience alone or formal qualifications with no relevant work experience are not considered an acceptable combination.
You will also need to demonstrate the following competencies:
- confident and self-assured;
- Good communication and negotiation skills and demonstrated ability to handle sensitive situations diplomatically;
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team; willing to learn from others and places team agenda before personal agenda;
- Flexible, able to assess, analyse situations independently, quickly, objectively and prudently, and to use own judgment to devise solutions to problems that may arise;
- Ability to establish priorities and plan work assignments in the management of several assignments and tasks simultaneously; takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments; delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to register at http://jobs.unrwa.org by creating a personal profile and
completing an UNRWA Personal History Form. Please note that UNRWA only accepts degrees fromaccredited educational institutions. Only applications received through http://jobs.unrwa.org will be considered. Due to the large number of applications received, only applicants short-listed for interview
will be contacted. Please ensure that the e-mail address that you will indicate in your Personal
History Profile is accurate, candidates shortlisted for test or interview will only be contacted
by e-mail. No follow up phone calls will be made.
The Agency reserves the right not to make an appointment, to make an appointment at a lower grade,
or to make an appointment with a modified job description.
Date of issue: 20 August 2018 / LF
- Organization: UNRWA - United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestinian Refugees
- Location: hq amman, jordan
- Grade: Grade 12 - Locally recruited area staff - Administrative support
- Operations and Administrations
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Closing Date: 2018-09-03