CFA 2018/34 - Reporting Officer - Erbil, Iraq
Call for Applications
Duty Station :Erbil, Iraq
Classification Professional Staff, Grade UG
Type of Appointment : Special short-term ungraded, 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Closing Date : 17 September 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. Internal and external candidates will be considered for this vacancy. For the purposes of this vacancy, internal candidates are defined as staff members holding a regular, fixed-term or short-term graded or ungraded contract, including Junior Professional Officers (JPOs), staff on Special Leave Without Pay (SLWOP), and staff members on secondment/loan released by the Organization, unless otherwise specified in their contract. Staff members holding a regular, fixed-term or short-term graded contract will not retain their contract type if appointed to an ungraded position.
Under the overall supervision of the IOM Chief of Mission and the Migration Management Unit (MMU) Programme Manager, and the direct supervision of the Analysis and Information Management (AIM) Coordinator, the incumbent will work within the framework of the ongoing Security Sector Reform, on technical cooperation, and on community-based initiatives to contribute to the promotion of democratic governance in this sector in Iraq. Specifically, the incumbent will work in close coordination with the AIM Unit of MMU to develop reports and other relevant documents on projects implemented by the Migration Management Unit. Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Draft reports on Migration Management Unit projects, including monthly, interim and final narrative reports for donors according to specified deadlines;
2. Work closely with MMU AIM Team personnel in the analysis of assessment, monitoring and evaluation data for onward development of reporting narrative that reflects program developments, achievements and impact against indicators;
3. Support the MMU Programme, MMU AIM Team, and Thematic Leads in the development of narrative documents for donor liaison purpose, including project/program overviews and other required documentation;
4. Contribute to the development of narratives for the MMU projects and programme informed by ongoing assessment and research activity, including the IOM Mission’s Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) and Longitudinal Study;
5. Undertake field visits, if necessary, to project sites in order to support the collection, consolidation and analysis of qualitative data on program implementation and facilitate the Page 1 / 3preparation of interim and final donor reports;
6. Maintain a thorough understanding of MMU-implemented programs, projects and activities, general and specific reporting requirements, and relevant information management and reporting mechanisms;
7. Use information gathered through Mission data collection tools (Data Portal and Management Information System) to rapidly compile program status and impact reports on request;
8. Liaise with Program Development and Support Unit, Public Information Unit and Monitoring and Evaluation Unit personnel in order to ensure coordination and timely information flow regarding programme results and impact;
9. Assist Public Information Unit personnel with the drafting of media and visibility materials; 10. Prepare feature stories demonstrating programme impact for media publications, internal snapshots and donor reports;
11. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, Business Administration, Migration Studies, International Relations, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution; or University degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional experience; Experience
• Experience in donor reporting within the humanitarian sector;
• Experience in the utilization of data analysis and research information in the development of reporting narrative;
• Experience in emergency and post-crisis environments, community mobilization, humanitarian assistance, human rights etc.
• Knowledge of UN, IOM and NGO mandates and programs in the humanitarian responses, IDPs, post conflict environment and development;
• Experience in project development and/or M&E is an advantage;
• Experience in coordinating with management is an advantage;
• Willingness to travel within the country as required.
Fluent in English
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
Page 2 / 3• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
• Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible. • The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
• Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment or visa requirements and security clearances.
• No late applications will be accepted
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 17 September 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 04.09.2018 to 17.09.2018
Requisition: CFA 2018/34 - Reporting Officer - Erbil, Iraq (55635254) Released Posting: Posting NC55635263 (55635263) Released
Page 3 / 3
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Erbil (Iraq)
- Grade: UG - Ungraded Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Communication and Public Information
- Documentation and Information Management
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Closing Date: 2018-09-17