NATIONAL POST: Programme Specialist, Monitoring and Evaluation, UNFPA Egypt Country Office, Cairo, NO-C
The M&E Specialist is responsible for the monitoring and evaluation of progress in the delivery of UNFPA’s programmes in Sexual and Reproductive Health, Adolescents and Youth and Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment in Egypt. You will ensure that the Country Programme Evaluation Plan as well as the monitoring and evaluation framework are duly executed with quality outcomes in accordance with international and organizational standards.
You will report directly to the Assistant Representative.
In the UNFPA country office in Egypt and in the context of the implementation of the 10th Country Programme, you will play a vital role in the UNFPA Country Office by providing quality technical and programming support, guidance and advice to the programme team, by ensuring knowledge building, sharing and management and learning, and developing M&E capacities of the Egypt CO, as well as those of national counterparts.
You will build close relationships with the programme team as well as consultants, advisers, and experts and establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with counterparts in government, multi-lateral and bilateral donor agencies and civil society to address emerging programme monitoring and evaluation issues. You will effectively influence counterparts from diverse backgrounds to contribute to achieving UNFPA’s mandate.
You will have strategic oversight of monitoring and evaluation activities in the Egypt CO, with responsibility for leading the team in the CO and collaborating with all units in the organization.
Qualifications and Experience
Advanced university degree in health, population, demography and/or other related social science field.
Knowledge and Experience:
- A minimum of five years of relevant and increasingly responsible professional experience in evaluation of development, health and/or social programmes;
- Recognized expertise in monitoring and evaluation, including sound knowledge of results-based management techniques;
- Knowledge of statistical software (SPSS, STATA, CSPro and DevInfo) an advantage
- Track record in managing evaluations, with strong qualitative and quantitative research skills, and proven ability to produce demonstrable results;
- Experience in project design, management, and monitoring;
- Familiarity with UN development programmes and working procedures, especially UNFPA policies and programming procedures, an asset;
- Field experience is a strong asset;
- Strong presentation, communication, and writing skills in English and Arabic required.
Fluency in English and Arabic is essential.