FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations
depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
FAOâs Subregional Office for Southern Africa is responsible for developing, promoting overseeing and implementing agreed strategies for addressing subregional food, agriculture and rural development priorities. It develops and maintains relations with subregion-wide institutions including Regional Economic Integration Organizations (REIOs). It assists the FAO Representations (FAORs) in the subregion with addressing subregional food security, agriculture and rural development issues at country level. The Subregional Office is a subsidiary of FAOâs Regional Office for Africa (RAF).
The position is located in the FAO Subregional Office for Southern Africa but stationed at the Southern Africa Development Community (SADC) Headquarters in Gaborone Botswana. The SADC Secretariat has embarked on establishing a regional agricultural information management system (AIMS) to spearhead the collection, analysis, dissemination, archiving of information and integration of various information systems in the region. The position will contribute to the development of a centralised system with basic data, based on existing national systems and be linked to agricultural information systems run by other organisations.
Under the general supervision of the FAO Subregional Coordinator for Southern Africa, the Statistics Specialist will work under direct supervision of the Regional Project coordinator and technical supervision of the FAO Statistics Officer.
The incumbent will assist the focal institution and the other partner agencies in defining and compiling the indicators to be included in the AIMS.
Tasks and responsibilities
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
FAO Core Competencies
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Candidates with acceptable language certificate/s should upload them when submitting their application. For details, visit http\://www.fao.org/3/I8446EN/i8446en.pdf
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: Gaborone (Botswana)
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Closing Date: 2018-09-18