Consultant(Food Security and Data Analyst)
Juba (South Sudan)
WORLD FOOD PROGRAMME - SOUTH SUDAN COUNTRY OFFICE
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER 87726 - FOOD SECURITY AND DATA ANALYST CONSULTANT - JUBA, SOUTH SUDAN
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
University degree in Statistics, Economics, Food Security, Geography or other related field, or First University degree
Overall, at least six years of progressively responsible experience in the field of statistical analysis, food security analysis and assessments, vulnerability analysis, humanitarian operations, or a closely related area.
Strong knowledge of food security analysis and the data collection, treatment and manipulation techniques typically associated with it. Strong command of statistics for the analysis of food security indicators.
WFP’s Vulnerability Analysis and Mapping unit in South Sudan is recognized as a key source of food security and related information in the country. It is thus engaged in numerous activities including food security and nutrition monitoring system IFSNMS), market assessments, rapid assessments, baseline studies, integrated food security phase classification, and various interagency assessments.
The Programme Officer (Food Security and Data Analyst) is expected to play a major role in these activities by being the key person for collation of data and analysis to support evidence based policies and programming on food security.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the supervision of the Head of the VAM unit or a designated official, the Programme Officer (Food Security and Data Analyst) shall perform the following tasks.
- Take a lead on a sound data analysis to support FSNMS, rapid assessments, IPC, and various thematic and interagency assessments;
- Provide a sound sampling plan for various studies and assessments;
- Develop methodology and tools for surveys and assessments including field data collection and use of secondary information;
- Serve as the focal person for collating and maintaining food security and related data and information;
- Provide training to relevant staff on quantitative analysis techniques and on field surveys;
- Support the capacity of the Government and other partners in quantitative analysis techniques;
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Head of the Unit or by the management when necessary.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status. Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are encouraged to apply. No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
14th September 2018
WFP IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYER. QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Organization: UN WFP - World Food Programme
- Location: Juba (South Sudan)
- Grade: International Consultant - Internationally recruited Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Security and Safety
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Food Security, Livestock and Livelihoods
- Closing Date: 2018-09-14