Web and Online Community Communications Assistant SSA
Panama City (Panama)
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in communications with experience in multimedia production.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Proficient in use of photo/video editing software, such as Adobe Premiere (Illustrator, Lightroom, Photoshop) or similar packages, and in use of Office 365 (Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Knowledge of graphic design in order to prepare infographics and other artwork for social media campaigns.
- Ability to integrate communications and social media activities.
- Ability to offer guidance and basic training to colleagues.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to/from a wide range of individuals.
EDUCATION: Completion of secondary school education.
LANGUAGE: Fluent in Spanish and English working level C.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is saving lives in emergencies and changing lives for millions through sustainable development. WFP works in more than 80 countries around the world, feeding people caught in conflict and disasters, and laying the foundations for a better future.
The Regional Bureau for Latin America and the Caribbean, based in Panama, oversees operations in 12 countries in the region. The Communications and Knowledge Management Unit (CKM) works closely with a network of communications experts in country offices to promote WFP´s achievements. CKM manages media outreach, campaigns and events, internal communications, knowledge management and social media platforms for the region.
CKM is increasingly investing in multimedia production (photographs, videography, graphic design, social media) to share its compelling stories with its target audiences. WFP´s strategic goal is to achieve Zero Hunger by 2030. Several activities and campaigns in Latin America and the Caribbean showcase our work towards that end.
The Regional Bureau in Panama is hiring a consultant to assist CKM in its communication efforts. The consultant will report to the Head of Unit (CKM).
Assist the Regional Bureau and CKM in producing multimedia content and managing its social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Medium, Twitter, YouTube) in order to enhance coverage of and support for WFP activities in Latin America and the Caribbean.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Support WFP staff in the development, preparation and execution of multimedia communications campaigns for specific audiences in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Regularly produce/edit multimedia content (photos, audio, videos and infographics) for regional online platforms, including social media, blogs and websites.
- Provide graphic design, video and photographic support for special events and projects.
- Assist in managing regional social media platforms, ensuring content is consistent with corporate messages and standards.
- Interact with social media followers and answer their queries to maintain their engagement and support.
- Identify, contact and recruit social media influencers to hold conversations around Zero Hunger issues to endorse/share/promote WFP campaigns.
- Monitor WFP social media platforms and produce monthly reports to assess/review the development and impact of communications strategies and activities.
- Distribute communications guidelines among WFP staff for reference when creating multimedia content.
- Help provide feedback to Country Offices managing their own social media platforms.
- Keep track of campaigns and activities on social media platforms that are linked or related to WFP´s work.
- Assist in the oversight of the WFP Spanish corporate website (wfp.org/es).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Position: Web Assistant and Online Community Communications Consultant
Unit: CKM (Communications and Knowledge Management Unit)
Based in: Panama City, Panama
Type of Contract: Special Service Agreement (SSA)
Duration: 3 Months
Timeline:01 October 2018
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only short-listed qualified candidates will receive an acknowledgement.
Applicants should hold Panamanian citizenship or be legally allowed to work in Panama.
Selected candidate will be employed on a Special Service Agreement (SSA) contract.
National positions are subject to local recruitment. These posts shall be filled, as far as possible, by persons recruited from commuting distance of the duty station or within the country.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline to apply to this post is Monday 10th of September 2018
Female applicants and qualified applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.