C3 Systems Administrator
Background Information - Job-specific
The C3 Systems Administrator will be responsible for the following duties:
- Administer the CISCO CCTV systems and the back-end data centre that includes servers, virtual servers, UPSs, Network switches and routers;
- Ensure data backup is conducted and in compliance with DFS policies while establishing a data management program for storing and archiving data in all its relevant formats;
- Conduct a weekly cyber vulnerability threat analysis against the system in close coordination with the ICT Security officer of FTS;
- Oversee the delivery of work packages by the solutions provider(s) while introducing incremental improvements in various processes involved in maintaining the system;
- Ensure interoperability of the various solutions in close collaboration with the solution provider(s) and FTS;
- Identify and monitor the technology integrations risk matrix and escalate to the C3 systems operations manager if required;
- Provide coaching and regular IT support for end users tasked to operate the C3 system that would include the utilization of CISCO specific desktop terminals and other forms of interfaces to the proprietary system;
- Ensure reliability of services (operational resiliency) through regimented maintenance schedules of the infrastructure, which should include other vendor specific equipment beyond the CISCO packages;
- Assist in keeping track of physical assets in close coordination with the FTS Governance, Risk and Compliance unit;
- Provide the C3 systems operations manager with technical advice and guidance on operational and technical integration issues;
- Provide data forensics assistance as needed to both UNSOS and AMISOM security partners
- Perform any other duties as required.
Works with minimal amount of supervision; independently provides accurate deliverables in the areas of Tactical C3.
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or any related field, or equivalent years of experience managing an Information Systems infrastructure.
- Certifications on PRINCE2, ITIL are highly desirable.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in integrating security solutions (physical access control, security cameras, intrusion detection and others) from different solution providers.
- Experience integrating solutions into the existing IT landscape (network, storage, capacity, other) and security processes is required.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second UN language is highly desirable.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Staff
Contract level: P2
Contract duration: One year initially, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability'
For more details about United Nations staff contracts, please follow this link: https://www.unops.org/english/Opportunities/job-opportunities/what-we-offer/Pages/UN-Staff-Contracts.aspx
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
Background Information: Sustainable Development Cluster(SDC)
Based in New York, the Sustainable Development Cluster (SDC) supports diverse partners with their peacebuilding, humanitarian and development operations.
The SDC’s services include grants management, development and special initiatives support, and technology support to the UN and UN agencies.
The SDC is part of the New York Service Cluster that supports the United Nations Secretariat, as well as a broadening community of other New York-based United Nations organizations, bilateral and multilateral partners in the delivery of UNOPS mandate in project management, infrastructure management, and procurement management.