Requisition ID: req2680
Job Title: Administrative Intern
Sector: Administrative/General Office
Employment Category: Intern
Employment Type: Full-Time
The International Rescue Committee has been working in Somalia since 2006, providing essential services to conflict and disaster affected communities. The IRC has been operational in Central Somalia (Mudug and Galgaduud regions) and Mogadishu implementing interventions in the areas of livelihood, Governance, GBV, WASH and health reaching out to more than 300,000 conflict and drought affected people.
Scope of work
Under the direct supervision of the HR/Admin Officer, The Receptionist/Administrative – Intern provides the first positive image of IRC Somalia Program office due to her/his patience, ability to listen and assist visitors. She/he acts as the central point of Office record checks and dispatch all messages.
- Receive & schedule all visitors to the office, respond to their requirements and maintain a record.
- Maintain and operate efficient communication through a telephone switchboard.
- Maintain cleanness of the office reception area at all times.
- Receive and distribute mail to appropriate staff, stamping invoices and logging in details.
- Assist in booking air tickets and accommodation for the teams and other travel itinerary
- Make taxi bookings for all staff upon request,
- Sort taxi vouchers and advice on any errors before submission to supply chain for payment,
- Raise administrative purchase requests and submit to supply chain in a timely manner,
- Coordinate reservations for the Board Room, and keep a schedule of the same on the share drive.
- Secure bookings of external meeting facilities as/and when required.
- Monitor and track utilities for staff houses, guest house and office and prepare payments in a timely manner.
- Maintain office security by following the laid down procedures for visitors.
- Ensure all security features such as alarm and access systems in the office are working and notify supply chain of any faults
- Clear diction
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Smart appearance
- Good people skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment
- Certificate in office Management and Administration/Secretarial Course or related course.
- Willingness to learn, adapt to team working environment.
- Computer literacy- word, excel, internet.
- Excellent spoken and written English skill.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances