Requisition ID: req2424
Job Title: BLN Assistant - Bekaa
Sector: Women Protection & Empowerment
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Under the supervision of the WPE Senior Officer, the Adolescent Girls Assistant will work as part of a Women’s Protection and Empowerment Team. She will be in charge of mobilizing and responding to the needs of adolescent girls in the communities and WGCC and assisting the staff in doing so, in order to mitigate the exposure of adolescent girls to GBV and strengthen their positive coping skills. The AGA will also be in charge of supporting the delivery of the BNL curriculum in collaboration with the teachers and volunteers.
- Support the implementation of the BNL curriculum for out of school girls
- Regularly monitor the work of teachers and volunteers and liaise with the Education Manager/Specialist
- Participate in assessment exercises to identify vulnerable adolescent girls that the team should target
- Support in outreach activities, providing information to adolescent girls on activities and services available
- Support staff in the identification of hard to reach girls and vulnerability criteria.
- Participate in and lead GBV risk assessments with the community mobilizers to ensure risks faced by adolescent girls are adequately captured.
- Participate in discussion with gatekeepers with the AGs focal points regarding activities offered to adolescent girls, including FGDs around issues related to adolescent girls (safety, education, early marriage etc.).
- Conduct FGDs with gatekeepers and parents around issues related to adolescent girls (safety, education, early marriage, access to education opportunities etc.).
- Provide regular updates to Adolescent Girls Officer, WPE Sr. Officer, and WPE Manager on common threats and needs of adolescent girls to inform program design and advocacy initiatives.
- Support in the identification and training of adolescent girl focal points and mentors in the community to enable them to support other girls in the community assess and respond to common risks and threats.
- Use agreed-upon reporting formats to ensure risk mitigation activities and their findings are well documented and utilized for program adaptation, advocacy and referrals.
- Mobilize adolescent girls in target locations, along with the AGs focal points, community mobilizers and case workers to participate in psychosocial activities provided by the IRC, including emotional support groups, skills-building, non-formal education and recreational activities.
- Facilitate life-skills activities targeting adolescent girls based on the IRC’s curriculum My Safety, My Wellbeing, both mobile and centre based curricula.
- Use agreed-upon monitoring and evaluation tools to track adolescent girls’ participation in activities, including in the BNL related activities, and collect their feedback.
- Draft and contribute to regular weekly and monthly reports.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs.
- All IRC staff is required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Bekaa Senior WPE Officer
Position directly supervises:
Indirect Reporting: Adolescent Girls Officer, WPE Manager, AGO based in Beirut
- Minimum one year professional experience in community-based Protection or GBV or education programming, preferably in an emergency context,
- Clear understanding of gender, human rights, and issues surrounding violence against women and girls,
- Demonstrated experience working with adolescent girls, including facilitating trainings and/or activities targeting adolescent girls,
- Experience training or coaching other staff within the organization or in a partner organization,
- Fluent in Arabic; working knowledge of English an asset,
- Positive and professional attitude, including ability to work well in a team setting,
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail
- Good computer skills including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint