Senior Supply Chain Officer
Requisition ID: req1780
Job Title: Senior Supply Chain Officer
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reporting to (Prcocurment Manager), the (Senior Supply Chain Officer) is responsible for the efficient coordination and management of procurement functions for IRC’s office in Jordan. Supply Chain must be able to rapidly procure Program supplies, services and equipment, whilst ensuring best practices and maintaining audit-compliant records.
Scope of work
The Senior Supply chain Officer is responsible to support the Procurment Manager and ensure that all all procurements are done on a timely basis without compromising known IRC standards. The Senior Supply Chain Officer will work closely with all sectors to ensure that planned activities are implemented accordingly.
- Support Procurment Manager in Working out a contingency plan for supporting program extension or contraction
- Work with Field Office Supply Chain Staff, counterpart managers in the field offices and DDO to ensure effectiveness, countrywide uniformity of Supply Chain structure and implementation of the IRC’s standard operating policies and procedures.
- Review of field procurement documents and facilitation for field office procurements
- Identify staffing and/or skill gaps and see that these gaps/needs are filled and support the recruitment and training of all Supply Chain staff.
- Focal point in country program for national and int’l procurement requests received and their review.
- Liaise with HQ and regional GSC director regarding procurements and ensure implementation of recommendations
- Implement job and site specific trainings to ensure that Supply Chain staff possesses the knowledge and skills commensurate with their responsibilities.
- Responsible to provide back up support to field office and build the capacity of the field SC team to bring them at the same level where country office SC team is
- Provide procurement and liason support in absence of the Cross Border supply chain support team and perform all functions being performed by them.
- Ensure that staff participating in tender committees are trained and understand their roles.
- Ensure clear delineation of roles for procurement.
- Ensure that procurement is carried out in accordance to IRC and donor-specific polices and procedures.
- procure all necessary items for programs, offices and residences.
- Ensure that all materials purchased are of appropriate quality and price and are timely delivered.
- Generate all required procurement documentation and maintain records and files in an impeccable manner.
- Coordinate with Finance Department to make sure the payments delivered to the suppliers
- Assist program staff with raising purchase requests (PRs) and provide price estimations of goods requested
- Update relevant staff about the status of his/her request and delivery and maintain regular contact with supervisor on matters of procurement
- Support field-site staff in updating their Purchase Request Tracking Sheet (PRTS) regularly.
- Produce routine purchase status including commitment and other SC reports for Procuremnet Manager, Programs and Finance.
- Maintain the IRC Purchase Request Tracking Sheet and submit routine reports to the Procurement Manager.
- Provide an Operation Spending Plan to Procurement Manager.
- Maintain a complete filing system for all procurement related documents according to IRC Procurement Manual.
- Preparation of procurement contracts, POs and processing tenders.
- Provide support to field and Amman staff through capacity building and trainings.
- Conducting regular market surveys and maintaining an up to date supplier database with key supplier information.
- Supporting programmes in the development of procurement plans for all new grants and assisting in their review on a regular basis.
- Establishing and maintaining good professional working relationships with suppliers, contractors and inspection companies whilst strictly adhering to IRC’s anti-corruption guidelines and IRC’s code of conduct.
- Manage Procurement staff (Officer, Assistant etc) when assigned.
- Any other duties or tasked delegated by Procurement Manager.
- Conduct site visits to suppliers’ facilities for prequalification and assessment
Staff Management and Development
- Coach, train, and mentor staff with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the team and providing professional development guidance
- Supervise and mentor direct-report staff, including communicating clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely performance feedback, and leading documented semi-annual performance reviews.
- Provide constructive feedback and counsel on appropriate career paths and professional development.
- Promote and monitor staff care and well-being; approve and manage all leave requests to ensure adequate coverage.
- Offer leadership support for successful adherence by staff to IRC’s Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures.
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Highly organized.
- Excellent follow up skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and accommodate to changing work environment.
- Team spirit and problem solving abilities.
- Good communication skills.
- University Degree in Business Management, Logistics, Supply Chain, Procurement or any other related field.
- Approxiamately 3- 6 year professional experience in procurement preferably with an INGO.
- Working experience on USAID, OFDA, ECHO and other donor funded projects will be an added advantage.
- Possession of a Valid Jordanian Driving license is an added advantage.
- Very good command in Arabic and English, both writing and speaking.
- Able to work under pressure, able to multitask, excellent team player and able to work in a multinational environment.
Working Environment:Standard Warehouse working environment with all amenities available including ACs, internet connection, electricity and office space.
All IRC staff are required to adhere to The IRC Way: Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC employment policies.