Requisition ID: req2523
Job Title: T4P Manager
Sector: Information Technology
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
The T4P Manager is responsible for supporting the Women’s Protection and Empowerment (WPE), Child Protection (CP), and Education programs in innovative ways to use technology. Though the environment beckons further exploitation of mobile technology for the benefit of our beneficiaries, there is a need to use technology in programming in order to preserve confidentiality of clients and for ethical data collection practices. It also allows programs to have accurate and real time data that helps in informing programming. The position is also expected to design, build and implement new technology solutions as a “product owner”.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
I.Support continuous quality improvement by overseeing the maintenance and enhancement to existing mobile data collection tools and applications used to support Education, Child Protection, and Women’s Protection services. Applications currently include Ona and Primero:
- Oversee Assistant and Officer to administer, configure, and manage existing tools and applications
- Support Assistant and Officer to appropriately retrieve, manage, and use data from existing tools and applications
- Adhere to best practices in system administration and maintenance to ensure quality of data and reduce failures or data corruption on existing software platforms
- Perform advanced maintenance, troubleshooting, and issue resolution
- Create and ensure quality integrations with reporting tools such as Power BI
- Define and document role-based access profiles and assignments for applications and tools
- Keep up-to-date documentation on operating procedures and practices to ensure sustainability
- Identify pain points and propose tool enhancements, managing the change impact analysis, design, test, train, and release cycle as a “product owner/manager” for the team
- Support additional applications as they come online
II.Liaise between application providers, technical specialists, and technical advisors to design, build, and implement new technology solutions as a “product owner” and “SCRUM Master”:
- Understand the high level requirements, use cases, and workflow from ALL stakeholders.
- Perform requirements gathering and functional design for the chosen solution
- Manage prioritization of features, ensuring a focus on MVP and clear enhancement roadmaps
- Manage vendor/contractor’s development cycle, and be willing to at times perform configuration of the solution, across all technology touchpoints
- Perform or oversee the testing, along with key users (field and office staff)
- Perform or oversee the training of key users (field and office staff)
- Create / sign off on support documentation for users and administrators
- Respond to support needs for a “settling in” period after implementation
- Ensure best practices are used throughout the project lifecycle
- Oversee, empower and coach an T4P officer in the education team & T4P Assistant in CP & WPE teams to become experts in T4P in their own right, to ensure the unit is operating at maximum capacity.
- Provide ongoing supervision- in the form of bi-weekly check ins, leadership, vision and technical support and guidance to the T4P Assistant and the T4P Officer in the education department.
- Develop his/herself and build the capacity of the T4P Assistant and officer to develop and maintain applications used by front-liners.
- Support data-focused staff (data managers, information managers, M&E staff) with using the data from tools and applications through platforms such as Power BI.
IV.Research new technologies which may contribute to IRC Outcomes in Education, Child Protection, and Women’s Protection
- Keep up-to-date on the profile of IRC beneficiaries and field staff as “customers” of technology for programs solutions
- Identify and attend relevant conferences
- Liaise and build relationships with potential partners
- Create proposals for technical experts on how the technology will fit into programs and contribute to IRC Outcomes
- All IRC staff are required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Statistics, Program Management or related field
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience in the area of technology for programs or development and/or minimum of three years in a technical customer support role, with excellent general mobile device troubleshooting skills.
- At least 1 year experience managing people.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in developing and managing databases.
- Demonstrated experience and capacity in conducting trainings in field-level mobile data collection and data entry.
- Demonstrated software development experience.
- Strong ability to work independently, organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Preferred experience and knowledge in data analysis using “R” for example.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills.
- INGO experience preferred.
- Personal qualities: works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Position Reports to: MEAL Advisor
Position directly supervises: T4P Officer (under Education) and T4P Assistant (under WPE and CP)
Position works with: Program Coordinators, MEAL team, T4P team, field staff, Regional T4P Coordinator.
Travel and other requirements: Staff will be based in Beirut, with extensive trainings in different fields.