Women’s Protection and Empowerment Program Manager - Mafraq
Al Mafraq (Jordan) | Jordan
Requisition ID: req1774
Job Title: Women’s Protection and Empowerment Program Manager - Mafraq
Sector: Women Protection & Empowerment
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Jordan-Al Mafraq
The Women’s Protection & Empowerment (WPE) Program Manager will direct and oversee all aspects of IRC’s urban WPE program, which includes comprehensive response services and prevention interventions in response to the Syrian crisis. With direct management support from the WPE Coordinator, the WPE Program Manager will ensure that the goals and objectives of the projects are met in a timely and effective manner. Specific responsibilities include oversight of service delivery, monitoring and evaluation, professional development and training of national staff, project cycle management of grants and budgets, and overseeing the handover process of WPE activities to a local organization. He/she will provide appropriate mentorship to the WPE Deputy Program Manager and Senior Officers and promote coordination among the local stakeholders. The WPE Program Manager will report to the Field Coordinator.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Project Management, Implementation, and Monitoring
- Assume primary responsibility for daily project management and implementation, and ensure compliance with the donor agreement and project proposal, proactively notifying the WPE Coordinator if issues arise.
- Lead project planning, and oversee program implementation and budget expenditures to ensure effective use of resources against planned activities and expected outputs.
- Ensure adequate project monitoring and evaluation systems are in place to collect information and consolidate data on a monthly basis to demonstrate impact and inform ongoing program design.
- Compile and prepare quality monthly and periodic project progress reports, as well as final reports, and feed in other information as required by donors, the Regional Office and the Technical Unit.
- Assist in the program development and design process through assessments, proposal writing and budget development.
- Oversee the handover of WPE activities to a local organization, including managing the relationship with the partner, providing technical assistance, supporting capacity-building and ensuring the smooth implementation of activities by the partner.
- Work with the WPE Coordinator to identify resources and materials, plan and lead trainings and capacity building to staff and partners.
- Provide ongoing mentorship and guidance to staff and partner agencies to ensure programming meets best practice standards and guidance around GBV in humanitarian settings.
- Deliver and execute a plan to hire, train and build capacity of staff.
Coordination & Advocacy
- Ensure close collaboration with partners to ensure adequate referrals, including health agencies, child protection agencies, UNHCR, FPD, and other relevant actors
- Participate in IRC Jordan regular meetings, reviews, strategic planning; and assist in the preparation of new initiatives for the WPE program in Jordan.
- Ensure regular communication with the WPE Coordinator and other departments regarding the project’s progress and processes
- University degree in Social sciences, psychology, program management or relevant degree
- At least 5 years’ experience working in the field of gender-based violence in an emergency or post-emergency settings
- Experience working with women and girls and particularly with refugees
- Strong organizational, management and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with local stakeholders such as local authorities, health service providers and NGOs including grass-root organizations.
- Good interpersonal and team building skills
- Experience working with other NGOs and local partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills, in particular email, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Fluency in Arabic and English
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to:WPE Coordinator
Position directly Supervises: WPE Deputies
Key Internal Contacts: other IRC Jordan Program such as ERD, Health, CP and M&E.
The overall security situation in Jordan is relatively calm. The Jordanian government is stable, and civil unrest is largely peaceful. However, Jordan’s generosity in hosting refugees from Palestine, Iraq and now Syria have created huge strains on the country’s economy and infrastructure. The IRC office is in a modern professional building.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
This is a national staff position which will be based out of the IRC field office in Mafraq, Jordan. This role involves travelling regularly to Irbid , Ramtha and Zarqa for supervision visits. Transportation to Mafraq Office is provided (approximately 1 hour from Amman)