Consultant Administrative Officer for GEMS Mobile Global roll-out
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
JOB TITLE: Admin officer for GEMS Mobile Global roll-out - Trainer / In-country Implementation manager
(FRENCH and ENGLISH SPEAKING)
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Consultancy
DUTY STATION (City, Country): TBD
DURATION: 6 months – Start date TBD (Tentative date 08/10/2018)
As an outcome of the Cost Excellence (CE) review carried out jointly by the Innovation and Change Division (INC) and the Administrative Services Branch (RMMA) in 2016, projects to transform Travel and Asset and Light Vehicle (LV) Fleet management have been approved.
Regarding the asset management transformation, some key streamlining initiatives have been initiated to reduce the amount of unused/obsolete assets, simplify processes of asset recording, count and reconciliation in GEMS (global equipment management system – an SAP PL/M module) and improve quality of asset data.
GEMS Mobile is a tool designed to support Country Offices (COs) in managing assets more effectively, improving the quality of reporting and reducing transactional workload. Its core functionality, for the time being, is to support Physical Inventory processes. It allows operators to scan each asset in one tap via mobile phone with data automatically being pushed to the GEMS dashboard. This not only makes the asset count process a much easier and faster one, but it also leads to an easier and more objective reconciliation process by enabling a significant improvement in the quality of asset data in the system.
The GEMS Mobile work stream also includes an improved asset reconciliation solution, thanks to a guided, user-friendly step-by-step process. The solution has been successfully piloted in Ethiopia and Pakistan Country Offices in 2017 and went live in Regional Bureau Nairobi in 2018.
Considerations have been made for de-centralizing asset management in the long-run within Regional Bureau/Country Office to facilitate the proper ongoing asset management aiming at a constant correct database of assets and thus efficiency and transparency and more capillary control of WFP global portfolio of assets.
Overall, the incumbent will be required to work under the GEMS Mobile project team based in Rome and will be responsible for:
- Plan and deliver regional Training of Trainers for selected Local Process Experts (LPEs) and additional facilitation for subsequent in-country training
- Manage the in-country implementation of GEMS Mobile including monitoring of physical count preparations activities
- Conduct in-country change management activities to implement a decentralized asset management framework
- Taking an active role in the Global Asset Management team and, whenever required, support the Asset Field Support team
- This position will imply constant missions to various CO to manage in-country implementation in French-speaking countries and reports to the GEMS Mobile Project manager.
Specifically, the consultant will have the following responsibilities:
- Coordinate with CO and RB Management for the nomination of Local Process Experts
- Ensure that selected LPEs are trained on GEMS Mobile and fully equipped to train end users in their respective Country Office
- Conduct GEMS training (when applicable) to allow for the implementation of decentralization of Asset Management Framework
- In-class or remote support users with the execution of system exercises
- Support general issue resolution and data management in the SAP training environment during the execution of training
- Provide timely and detailed information about the progress of training, attendance and user’s feedback to Training Manager
- In-country Implementation Manager
- Act as focal point for the (digital) transformation, ensures management buy-in and support
- Advise LPEs/COs on guidelines and procedures related to Asset Management and prepare/revise in-country SOPs (with a specific focus on Physical Inventory) in line with Admin Manual
- Liaise with LPEs/COs and provide guidance on overall preparation process for the physical inventory
- Provide professional leadership, work direction and support to staff nominated to support the in-country roll-out: 1st level support to LPEs and 2nd level support to end users during the preparation activities, count and reconciliation
- Provide input in relation to possible solution enhancements and required fixes in the system, as well as input to implementation, change management, and support strategies
- Coordinate all GEMS Mobile communication activities within the Region (focal point announcements, all staff emails, etc.)
- Plan and track the progress of implementation activities through regular status meetings (virtual/phone) with LPEs
- Share weekly status reports for each phase of the project with GEMS Mobile team
- Identify, analyse and document roll out related risks and issues, formulate and implement mitigation/resolution plans, liaise with GEMS Mobile Project Manager for escalation
SPECIFIC POST REQUIREMENTS:
- Proven experience in end-to-end management of a project, timely and in good quality
- High-level analytical skills
- Demonstrated previous experience in a similar training management role
- Ability to evaluate training performance and reports
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with people at all levels
- Contribute to the creation of an information-sharing environment
- Proven networking skills, and ability to generate interest in the Cost Excellence initiative
- Ability to travel up to 70% of the time
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Teaching/Training qualification
- Knowledge of WFP’s ERP SAP system, WINGS II
- Previous experience in Assets Management in a WFP operation / Knowledge of WFP of asset and fleet management
- Knowledge of Global Assets Management System (GEMS) and GEMS Mobile
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT:
- LPEs fully trained and equipped to complete GEMS Mobile roll-out and the yearly Physical Inventory in the CO assigned to the incumbent
- Standardized and complete set of online learning material on both Physical Inventory procedures and GEMS Mobile (online/offline modules, reference documents) for the global roll-out
- In-country road-map approved and actioned to move to a decentralized asset management framework (for relevant COs)
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Advanced university degree in Adult Education, Public or Business Administration Management or any other relevant field. Or a First University degree with additional years of related work experience or training /courses
Four or more years of relevant work experience, desirably in assets management
Knowledge & Skills:
Excellent knowledge of MS Office with advanced Excel skills
Conversant with mobile technologies
Spoken and written English and French (Level C1) is essential
Terms and Conditions
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
Deadline for applications: 20 September 2018
Ref.: VA No. 87761
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
- Organization: UN WFP - World Food Programme
- Location: Rome (Italy)
- Grade: International Consultant - Internationally recruited Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: 2018-09-20