CON 2018/48 - Information Management Consultant - Cox’s Bazaar, Bangladesh
Cox's Bazaar (Bangladesh)
Position Title Information Management Consultant
Duty Station : Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh
Classification :Consultant, Grade OTHE
Type of Appointment : Consultant, 6 months with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 13 September 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. Context:
Under the overall supervision of the Emergency Coordinator and the direct supervision of the Needs and Population Monitoring (NPM) Coordinator, the IM Officer will provide consultancy services in all aspects of the Information Management requirements to the implementation of NPM and other information management support in relation to operations to support the humanitarian response to the situation of Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh. Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Support to plan, design, and implement the integrated and interoperable mechanism for data collection and information management across all NPM activities to ensure accurate and reliable data is collected, stored, and submitted in a timely manner to be further processed. 2. Support to ensure effective information management workflows in relation to NPM implementation; ensure regular monitoring as per agreed timelines; prepare activities status and progress reports.
3. Provide information management support to site management activities and other relevant IOM operations.
4. Ensure the effective use of the designated information systems, including offline and online platforms, application tools, and other systems to manage the implementation of information management mechanism.
5. Support in the of data collection processes and the overall data management activities including encoding, storing, and transferring data as well as processing, and support to the analysis of the collected data and information locally.
on information sharing and dissemination to all relevant channels.
7. Identify gaps on data and information relevant to the programme implementation and contribute to the preparation of project proposals aiming to address such needs. 8. Develop and conduct training modules for the stakeholders as required for the implementation of information management mechanism to ensure smooth roll out. 9. Coordinate the development and enhancement of the integrated, methodology for data collection and generation of information products as required and needed by programmes. 10. Ensure that the implementation of the information management systems and application adhere to Information Technology and Communication (ITC) Policies and Standards. 11. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Tangible and measurable output of the work assignment:
Page 1 / 31. Develop a and establish information management flow, reporting framework and data analysis plan for the data collected under the
research project in line with the research methodology ;
2. Document all existing and newly established processes.
Realistic delivery dates and details as to how the work must be delivered: 3. Three months, corresponding to one NPM Site Assessment Cycle.
Performance indicators for evaluation of results (value of services rendered in relation to their cost):
The Consultant’s performance will be evaluated against the following criteria: timeliness, responsibility, initiative, communication, and quality of the products delivered. • Satisfactory completion of tasks indicated in these ToR.
• Adequate and prompt provision of the technical inputs.
• Timely delivery of deliverables as indicated these ToR.
• Periodic and regular updates on the progress of the tasks listed in these TOR. • Level of adherence to the objectives.
• Compliance with the IOM Guidelines on Research Report Writing; IOM House Style Manual and IOM Data Protection Principles.
• Delivery of any other tasks indicated above.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree Information Management, Computer Science, Media or Social Sciences or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience; Experience
• Experience in Information Management, emergency humanitarian operations; management and coordination of information flows, data management including collection, storing, processing, and analysing data to generate information products; • In-depth knowledge of the latest technological developments in information technology and information system;
• Demonstrated ability for leadership in the context of partnership building and consensual decision-making;
• Proven skills to analyse statistical information;
• Ability to formulate IM-related technical requirements and Operating Procedures; • Ability to translate planning-specifications into technical briefs for data capture and analysis, and vice versa;
• Ability to compile and holistically analyse diverse datasets;
• Experience with handling confidential data;
• Demonstrated team-building and information management skills;
• Demonstrated understanding of different data collection methodologies; • Knowledge and understanding of relational data theory;
• Experience in advanced data visualization and information design skills. Languages
Fluency in English is required.
Page 2 / 3• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
• The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
• Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment or visa requirements and security clearances.
• No late applications will be accepted
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 13 September 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 06.09.2018 to 13.09.2018
Requisition: CON 2018/48 - Information Management Consultant - Cox’s Bazaar, Bangladesh (55638241) Released
Posting: Posting NC55638242 (55638242) Released
Page 3 / 3