VN 2018/212 (P) - Resources Management Officer (P3) - Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo
Kinshasa (Congo Democratic)
Position Title Resources Management Officer
Duty Station : Kinshasa, Dem. Rep. Congo
Classification :Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 18 September 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Cook Islands, Cuba, Cabo Verde, Czech Republic, Djibouti, Fiji, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Grenada, Guyana, Iceland, Kiribati, Comoros, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Saint Lucia, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Palau, Paraguay, Solomon Islands, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, Sao Tome and Principe, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in IOM Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) and in cooperation with the relevant units at Headquarters (HQs), Administrative Centres (MAC and PAC) and the Regional Office in Pretoria, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for managing the budgetary, financial and administrative functions of the Mission and its sub-offices.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Monitor and oversee the financial management for all activities in Mission including the oversight of financial expenditure and accountability.
2. Undertake financial analysis of projects in the Mission. Maintain appropriate internal controls to safeguard the Organization’s assets, control the treasury, and prevent fraud. 3. Coordinate the preparation of donor financial reports in accordance with IOM regulations and established procedures.
4. Assist the Chief of Mission and the Programme/Project Managers in the preparation of the Page 1 / 4annual budget for the Mission, oversee budget control processes and analyse variances between budget and actual expenditures. Assist in the preparation of budgets for new programmes in coordination with Program Managers.
5. Inspect payroll versus budgets, ensuring that salaries are correctly allocated to projects consistent with IOM's projectization criteria.
6. Maintain financial procedures, ensure that local administrative procedures are in place and followed in accordance with the Organization’s regulations, procedures and practices, and recommend modifications to, or new, permanent instructions and procedures. 7. In close coordination with the Senior Regional Resource Management Officer and relevant HR staff in PAC and MAC, provide guidance and assist the CoM in managing the human resources function. Pre-screen candidates for recruitment, apply HR policies, rules and regulations, and make recommendations for resolving difficult or sensitive cases. 8. Supervise the IT, and the procurement and logistics services, ensuring that contracts with suppliers of goods and services are in line with the Organization’s procedures, regulations and guidelines; oversee the management of the fleet of vehicles and maintenance of the compound and its buildings as well as the functioning of all support services at the Mission. 9. Liaise with relevant units at HQs, MAC, PAC and RO Pretoria, as well as relevant external counterparts regarding the financial and administrative activities of the Mission; report regularly on the financial situation of the Mission and provide other information as necessary. 10. Support and offer guidance to other units (programmes and sub-offices) on matters related to IOM administrative issues, local institutions and regulations and human resources problems with a view to increasing their effectiveness.
11. Represent the Resources Management Unit in the interagency management team (OMT) and liaise with other internal functional units in the office, as well as the banks, donors, UN entities and other stakeholders as required in the performance of the resources management function.
12. Assist in monitoring, assessing and evaluating the administrative and financial aspects of programme related activities of the Mission and its sub-offices.
13. Train staff and project managers on IOM's administrative and financial policies and procedures.
14. Undertake travel to sub-offices in order to provide administrative support, ensure that IOM rules, regulations and procedures are adequately followed and in compliance, resolve issues as appropriate, and build resource management capacity in the mission.
15. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or • University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience. • Professional certification as chartered accountant (CA) or certified public accountant (CPA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) will be a distinct advantage.
Page 2 / 4Experience
• Experience in financial management, accounting and budgeting;
• Experience with internal control assessment, internal audit and or external audit; • Knowledge of IOM’s regulations, policies and procedures;
• Experience with international institutions knowledge of IPSAS and SAP highly desirable; • Knowledge of IOM accounting systems, software and procedures a distinct advantage. Languages
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French is an advantage. Desirable Competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges. Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
•Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Page 3 / 4Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 18 September 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 05.09.2018 to 18.09.2018
Requisition: VN 2018/212 (P) - Resources Management Officer (P3) - Kinshasa, DRC (55637017) Released
Posting: Posting NC55637018 (55637018) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Kinshasa (Congo Democratic)
- Grade: P-3, International Professional - Internationally recruited position - Mid level
- Operations and Administrations
- Democratic Governance
- Closing Date: 2018-09-18