PURPOSE OF THE POSITIONTo provide Administrative support to the country office operations in line with established standards and practices
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the overall guidance of the Operations Officer, direct supervision of the Procurement Officer, the incumbent will carry out activities related to procurement management for the country office. She/he will have to liaise with all clusters, state and zonal offices to provide guidance.
The specific functions of the incumbent are\:
- Raising and dispatching RFQs to vendors and following up on response.
- Register all memos received and update on progress of the procurement transactions
- Collecting and opening quotations for signature by members of the LPRC
- Sending Payment Requests for processing.
- Take minutes of meetings and other secretarial duties as may be required in the unit
- Maintains records and files for the unit as may be necessary.
- Sending regret notifications to unsuccessful bidders.
- Dispatching PO to Suppliers
- Receive and file purchase order acknowledgement from vendors.
- Performs any other duties as required
EducationEssential\: Completion of secondary education; preferably supplemented by a diploma/certificate in administration.
Desirable\: Certificate, Diploma or university degree in Administration and Management.
At least 2 yearsâ experience in Procurement, Stores keeping and management, working in an international organization, NGO, government agencies or any other reputable organization.
Desirable\: Stores and shipment management in the UN system.
Use of language skillsEssential\: Expert knowledge of English
SkillsSpecific skills required\:
- Computer literacy especially proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel
- Report writing skills, interpersonal skills and ability to confidently engage with wide range of stakeholders
- Organization: WHO - World Health Organization
- Location: Abuja (Nigeria)
- Grade: GS-4, General Service - No need for Higher Education - Locally recruited position - Administrative support
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-09-21