ICT Support Associate (Open only to nationals of Guyana)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementation of ICT strategies and introduction/implementation of new technologies;
- Effective functioning of the CO hardware and software packages
- Networks administration;
- Provision of web management services;
- Provision of administrative support;
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
- Compliance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures for the CO technology environment;
- Participation in development and implementation of ICT annual plan and Standard Operating Procedures in ICT services;
- Provision of support to the use of Atlas (UNDP’s implementation of ERP) functionality for improved business results and improved client services.
- Effective functioning (installation, operation and maintenance) of all UNDP hardware equipment and acquisition of hardware supplies;
- Performance of specific technical functions, including changing of hardware electronic components (disks, memories, network wiring, power sources, etc.) and routine repairs;
- Installation of commercial and in-house developed software and related upgrades, anti-virus programs on a timely basis.
- Monitoring of the network connection on a daily basis to ensure a stable and responsive network environment;
- Trouble-shooting and monitoring of network problems. Ensure that the UNDP desktop and network resources are protected from malicious virus attacks and deploy countermeasures in the event of the attacks;
- Response to user needs and questions regarding network access;
- Maintenance of up-to-date parameters of information for the network clients and electronic mail;
- Implementation of backup and restoration procedures for local drives. Maintenance of backup logs. Organization of off-site storage of backups;
- Maintenance of measures in place for business continuity and disaster recover processes and procedures including backup and restoration of both server and local storage facilities;
- Networks administration support to other UN agencies as required and preparation of bills for cost recovery for the service provided.
- Support to the maintenance of the CO websites and Intranet;
- Trouble-shooting and monitoring of websites for UNDP and other UN agencies upon request and preparation of bills for cost recovery for the service provided;
Provides administrative support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provision of advice on and assistance in procurement of new ICT equipment for the CO and projects, provision of technical specifications and information on best options in both local and international markets, review of quotations and bids;
- Maintenance of an up-to-date inventory of the software and hardware;
- Maintenance of a library of ICT related reference materials;
- Maintenance of the inventory and stock of supplies and spare parts in cooperation with the Administration and Procurement Teams;
- Provision of ICT support to key events.
- Identification and promotion of different systems and applications for optimal content management, knowledge management and sharing, information provision;
- Participation in the organization of training for the CO staff on ICT issues;
- Maintenance of staff training profiles;
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in ICT;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Identifies new and better approaches to work processes and incorporates same in own work
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
- Uses information/databases/other management systems
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member
- Informed and transparent decision making
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education with relevant certifications in hardware and software management and application (Microsoft Certification, Cisco Certification);
- University Degree in Computer Science would be an asset, but it is not a requirement;
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) and
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) required. If certification is not available at the time of recruitment, it should be obtained within 6 months.
- Six (6) years of relevant working experience, including network administration;
- Management of hardware and software platforms,telecommunications facilities, web management services;
- Knowledge of Windows-based packages/applications.
- Fluency in English language.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.