Administration and Finance Officer
The constitution RDTL provides a provision of special status to Oecusse, stating that it shall be ‘governed by a special administrative policy and economic regime’ (Article 71, Clause 2) and a law on Oecusse has recently been passed by the National Parliament.
UNDP has been providing Policy advice to the Special Economic Zone for Social Market Economy (ZEESM) Office since its establishment and has developed a program to support ZEESM conceive, establish and support governance and sustainable and innovative development structures and systems in Oecusse. The framework for UNDP’s support to Oecusse ZEESM is built around two components: (i) governance (ii) sustainable and innovative development. Thus, as part of the roll out process of ZEESM there is a need to formulate policies and provide high quality advice to support priority areas that have clear and strong forward linkages to the ZEESM. The proposed assistance is aligned with the priorities of the Fifth Constitutional Government as articulated under Timor-Leste Strategic Development Plan 2011-2030 to establish special zones of social market economy to transform the lives of the people of Oé-Cusse with an integrated approach to sustainable, social and economic development.
On the 1st of August 2018, UNDP has signed new project proposal for a second phase of the support to ZEEM TL for 3more years.
The Admin/Finance Associate in Oé-Cusse will work under the direction of the Project Manager in constant coordination with HR and procurement department in UNDP’s office in Dili.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Programme Manager in close consultation with the Financial Operation Unit of the UNDP Country Office, the Administration and Finance Officer will ensure grant implementation and related activities of SAR-ZEESM Project are implemented in a timely manner in strict accordance with UNDP’s set rules, guidelines and procedures. Administration and Finance Officer will also assist in the financial and component of the Oé-Cusse business Incubator, procurement support, Tourism and Agriculture Program component, which will closely coordinate with the SAR-ZEESM Project.
The Administration and Finance Officer will have the opportunity to learn and share knowledge about UNDP policies and procedures related to HR and procurement.
Ensure administration of budgets and implementation of finance processes in line with operational procedures:
Principle accounting, cash management and administrative support functions:
Knowledge Building and sharing:
Functional Competencies and Critical Success Factors:
In addition to specific tasks, the Finance and Project Manager is expected to carry out work with professional standards demonstrating the skills and behaviors as listed below.
Knowledge Management and Learning
Advocacy/Advancing a Policy-Oriented Agenda
Level 1.2: preparing information for advocacy
- Identifies and communicates relevant information for a variety of audiences for advocating UNDP’s mandate
- Maintains a functioning network of contacts with a variety of stakeholders to promote a better understanding of UNDP’s mandate and to support advocacy efforts
Building Strategic Partnerships
Level 1.2: Maintaining a network of contacts
- Maintains an established network of contacts for general information sharing and to remain up-to-date on partnership related issues
- Analyzes and selects materials for strengthening strategic alliances with partners and stakeholders
- Establishes and nurtures positive communication with partners
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Level 1.2: Basic research and analysis
- Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies and new approaches
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
Level 1.2: Fundamental knowledge of own discipline
- Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Analyzes the requirements and synthesizes proposals
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Creating Visibility for UNDP/Supporting UNDP’s Capacity to Advocate
Level 1.2: Research and data analysis
- Promotes awareness of UNDP’s centrally to development through dissemination of information and materials
- Maintains networks and knowledge assets for use in visibility and image activities
Level 1.2: Research and analysis
- Keeps updated in his/her area of substantive expertise
- Identifies opportunities for conceptual innovation
Level 1.2: Establishing effective client relationships
- Researches potential solutions to internal and external client needs and reports back in a timely, succinct and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
Required Skills and Experience
- University Degree in finance, administration, HR or related areas.
- At least 2 year of working experience for Bachelor degree in relevance area and previous experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, consulting company, or NGO is compulsory. Nero (0) year of experience for Master's degree.
- Has experience preparing delivery reports, budget modifications, and procurement plans.
- Previous experience working with UNDP is a very strong advantage;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages and advanced knowledge of spreadsheets and database package and web-based management and accounting systems
- Knowledge of Atlas is a strong advantage
- Fluency in English (written and spoken), and an ability to summarise and present information.
- Working knowledge of Tetun, Bakeno and Portuguese is an advantage.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Dili (Timor-Leste)
- Grade: SB-4, Service Contract, Local Contractors Agreement - Junior level
- Democratic Governance
- Operations and Administrations
- Banking and Finance
- Closing Date: 2018-09-14