CON 2018/42 - Migration Profile Expert - Baghdad, Iraq
Call for Expression of Interest Position Title Migration Profile Expert
Duty Station : Baghdad, Iraq
Classification :Consultant, Grade OTHE
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 18 September 2018 Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. Context:
Under the overall guidance of the Chief of Mission and direct supervision of the DMM Coordinator and in coordination with relevant Mission and Regional Thematic Specialists (RTS) and departments at Headquarters (HQ), the successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination, development and validation of a Migration Profile (MP) for Iraq, by supporting the compiling of an evidence-based and government-owned policy and strengthening the national capacity to update and disseminate it further.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1. In close coordination with the Migration Management (MM) officer, develop a work plan for the implementation of all activities for the coordination, development and validation of a MP, including providing technical expertise for the MP exercise as well as completion of all logistical and security arrangements for the MP exercise.
2. In preparation for the MP exercise assess the existing and potential sources of migration data in Iraq and map out other potential relevant sources of information. 3. Conduct meetings and promote dialogue with relevant interlocutors – lead government agencies, members of civil society and experts from international agencies – in order to establish the Technical Working Group (TWG) for the MP exercise.
4. Under the supervision of the MM officer, facilitate and contribute to the development of a MP, by closely coordinating with the TWG and strengthening the Iraqi national capacity to update and disseminate it further.
5. Supervise the organization and implementation of 3 TWG workshops to facilitate multi-stakeholder consultation and inter-ministerial cooperation and collaboration to guide the development of the MP and ensure its endorsement and validation.
6. In close coordination with the TWG, develop a government-owned plan to regularly update and disseminate the MP, in order to guarantee an effective hand over of the tool to the Page 1 / 4Government and ensure the sustainability of the exercise.
7. Supervise the organization and implementation of a conference to launch the MP. 8. Develop and conduct pre and post project surveys to assess the understanding of migration dynamics in Iraq by lead government agencies and the way forward on how to address them.
9. Draft reports, keeping the Chief of Mission, DMM coordinator and MM officer advised of problems and suggested improvements as needed.
10. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
TANGIBLE AND MEASURABLE OUTPUT OF THE WORK ASSIGNMENT:
1. Establish Technical Working Group for the Migration Profile Exercise 2. Develop Migration Profile
3. Supervise the organization and implementation of three Technical Working Group workshops to guide the development of the MP and ensure its endorsement and validation 4. Develop a government-owned plan to regularly update and disseminate the Migration Profile
5. Supervise the organization and implementation of a conference to launch the Migration Profile
REALISTIC DELIVERY DATES AND DETAILS AS TO HOW THE WORK MUST BE
The detailed workplan and delivery dates will be confirmed directly with the consultant. • Establish Technical Working Group – within 2 months of start date • Develop draft Migration Profile – within 3.5 months of start date • Conduct three Technical Working Group workshops – within 6 months of start date • Develop plan to update and disseminate the Migration Profile – within 7 months of start date
• Conduct conference to launch the Migration Profile – within 7.5 months of start date PERFORMANCE INDICATORS FOR EVALUATION OF RESULTS (VALUE OF SERVICES
RENDERED IN RELATION TO THEIR COST):
The Consultant’s performance will be evaluated against the following criteria: timeliness, responsibility, initiative, communication, and quality of the products delivered. • Satisfactory completion of tasks indicated in this ToR.
• Initiative and planning for establishment of the Technical Working Group. • Quality of the draft Migration Profile.
• Initiative and planning of the Technical Working Group workshops. • Quality of plan for updating and disseminating the Migration Profile. • Initiative and planning of the Migration Profile launch conference. Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Law, Political Science, Social Science, Statistics, Evaluation with focus on development, research methods, management or related field from an accredited academic institution with at least 7 years of relevant professional experience; or Page 2 / 4• University degree in the above field with at least 9 years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience working in the development and humanitarian fields
• Experience in migration management policy is required.
• Experience in data collection, statistical research and analysis is required. • Experience on Iraq and/or the Region is an asset.
• Experience working with Government counterparts, UN agencies and/or non-governmental organizations is desirable.
Fluency in English is required.
Knowledge of Kurdish and/or Arabic languages would be an asset.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internals of the Organization and NMS candidates, as well as external female candidates, will be considered as first-tier candidates. This vacancy is also open to second-tier candidates. The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Page 3 / 4How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 18 September 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
From 11.09.2018 to 18.09.2018
Requisition: CON 2018/42 - Migration Profile Expert - Baghdad, Iraq (55616979) Released Posting: Posting NC55616980 (55616980) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Baghdad (Iraq)
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Security policy
- Social Affairs
- Closing Date: 2018-09-18