The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
Operating since 2004 in Lebanon, DRC has addressed the needs and rights of vulnerable populations, working initially with Palestinian refugees (since 2004), Iraqi refugees (2007-2010), Lebanese IDPs (during the 2006 conflict), migrant domestic workers (since 2009) and, since 2011, responding to the Syrian refugee crisis.
DRC Lebanon is currently delivering programming in protection, housing, infrastructure, basic assistance, livelihoods, and community development interventions. This myriad programming seeks to address the immediate needs of displaced populations and concurrently support vulnerable host populations. DRC has five offices spread throughout Lebanon in, Beirut, the Bekaa, Saida, Tripoli and Qobayat.
In Bekaa you will find one of the most historical places in the world such as the Baalbak temple. It is also a safe and relaxing environment but at the same time very close to Beirut.
About the job
The supply chain officer – procurement is the responsible person for all local procurement related tasks as well as supporting the supply chain team. This individual reports directly to the Area Manager.
This individual actions all procurement activities for goods and services that are completed in the Bekaa/South office. The individual will work closely with programs teams to create detailed procurement plans and follow these closely with the support of the Area Manager and the Beirut based country supply chain team. This person will follow the procurement handbook from PR to delivery, and will keep all items up to date in the procurement tracker at all times.
The right individual for this role will be a detaile-oriented individual who can understand procurement rules and regulations. They will follow the guidance closely and delivery quality work in a consistent and timely fashion.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
• Initiate procurement plans and procurement requests for current grants
• Manage the procurement of all materials and equipment ordered by the projects in a cost-effective and transparent manner in line with DRC and donor specific policies
• In consultation with Area Manager, set up procurement lead time targets and monitor compliance.
• Implement framework agreements for recurring and routine procurements
• Oversee the development of vendor lists and supplier registration and conduct regular evaluation of existing suppliers and contractors, and enter these into a regularily updated database
• Ensure that all orders are tracked correctly and that order tracker is circulated to programme managers on a weekly basis
• Participate in evaluation of bids and proposals and assist with the preparation of contracts
• Ensure that all Order Requests are complete and specifications are clarified
• Participate in the verification of procured goods and equipment and to ascertain the items conformity to technical specifications and quantities.
• Assist the supply chain team with any other task as directed by the Area Manager
To be successful in this role we expect you to have A Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or related field.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
• 2-3 years’ experience in supply chain management including procurement and related topics
• NGO sector experience in Lebanon
• Experience working on a team as a successful teammember
• Additional dedicated training and experience in procurement is needed for this position
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Proficiency in the use of ‘office systems’ (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
• Full clean Lebanese or International driver’s license
• Commitment to and understanding of DRC’s aims, values and principles.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract length: 6 months renewable based on performance and availability of funds.
Level: C1, Monthly Basic Salary USD 1650.
Duty Station: Bekaa
Start date: ASAP
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact email@example.com.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or go to www.drc.ngo
under current vacancies.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email to Dolene Khairallah will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 30 September 2018. The interviews are expected to be on rolling basis, DRC reserves the right to begin interviews before the application closing date as soon as they shortlist a qualified candidate, in addition the position can be filled and closed before the application closing date.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.