National Junior Communications Consultants ( for Vietnamese nationals only), Ha Noi, Viet Nam
To support content creation and management of UNICEF Viet Nam social media platform.
UNICEF Viet Nam is looking for National Junior Consultants from October 2018 to September 2019 to support content creation and management of UNICEF Viet Nam social media platform. If you have excellent communication skills, including writing (in English and Vietnamese) and intercultural communication skills as well as are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
Digital media, especially social platforms, are changing the ways people interact, giving rise to new and diverse audiences and empowering civil society in ways that have profound implications for communication and advocacy. Nearly half of the world’s population now has Internet access – a figure predicted to increase, even in places with less connectivity and fewer amenities – enabling new forms of communication.
VCO Country Programme 2017-2021 highlighted the importance of the public advocacy and communication for child rights. The programme aims to increase public awareness and action to address vulnerabilities and inequities affecting children.
In Viet Nam, 40 percent of population is online and 72 percent of youth population have access to internet. This makes internet a good platform to reach various stakeholders to drive change for children. Strategic use of digital media, especially social media, will deepen UNICEF’s dialogue with stakeholders about child rights and equity as well as broaden their engagement in issues related to children. Greater understanding of children’s challenges and better involvement in children’s issues results in more impact: The richer the conversation and better engagement, the greater the chance for audience actions in support of UNICEF’s public advocacy.
Digital content and engagement will reinforce UNICEF’s leadership as a credible voice for and with children. While UNICEF Viet Nam website mainly targets donors, policy makers and general public, its social media platform focus on young people. In order to reach the young people, the social media platform need to be strengthen to attract attention and encourage the engagement of the young people.
The aim is to create interactive and youth-friendly content for UNICEF Viet Nam social media channel that attract attention and participation of young people on issues related to children.
To support the Communication team in content creation, we are looking at recruiting a team of three junior national consultants/interns/volunteers to work at a flexible time arrangement (at least three half-a-days per week).
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the content forward plan of UNICEF Viet Nam Social media platform
- Support the content creation for both UNICEF Viet Nam webpage and social media platform including producing video stories, human interest stories, photo essays, infographic
- Exploring new ways of engaging young people in the social media platforms including running various types of contests and campaigns in the Facebook
- Support the management of the Facebook feedback/commenting
- Support the development and maintenance of UNICEF Viet Nam image database
- Support and documentation of C4D good practices and human interest stories
As per TOR Consultancy Notice Junior Consultant.docx
Management and Reporting
The Consultant will be reporting to UNICEF Digital Communication Officer under supervision of UNICEF Communication Manager.
Performance indicators for evaluation
A contents forward plan must be initiate in advance and implemented monthly with closely reviewed and supervision from UNICEF Communication team.
A detailed report on Social Media traffic analysis will be submitted monthly by the junior consultant team.
Qualification/Specialised Knowledge and Experience
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree programme in communications, economics, journalism, public relations, social sciences, public administration and education.
- Have excellent academic performance as demonstrated by recent university or institution records
- Strong communication skills both oral and written in English and Vietnamese
- Familiarity with using social media platforms
- At least one year of experience in a youth network or NGO, preferably in the field of youth participation
- Knowledge of relevant computer systems and applications; excellent knowledge of MS Office is required.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate:
- University graduates or under-graduates in Communication, Economics, Journalism, Public Relations, any other related field or relevant charity work experience/exposure;
- Demonstrate previous knowledge of using social media to share key messages;
- Excellent communication skills, including writing (in English and Vietnamese) and intercultural communication skills;
- High ethical standards and understanding of sensitivities pertaining to child-related/rights issues and working in a politically sensitive environment
- Ability to research, design and execute ideas and ability to transfer knowledge and skills
A two-stage procedure shall be utilized in evaluating proposals, with evaluation of the technical proposal being completed prior to any price proposal being compared.
For evaluation and selection method, the Cumulative Analysis Method (weight combined score method) shall be used for this recruitment:
a) Technical Qualification (max. 100 points) weight 70 %
- Degree Education in communications, economics, journalism, public relations, social sciences, public administration and education (20 points)
- Knowledge of Social Media and Digital Communication (30 points)
- Experience in Graphic Design, Photography and Video editing (30 points)
- Quality of past work (e.g. understanding, methodology) (20 points)
b) Financial Proposal (max. 100 points) weight 30 %
The maximum number of points shall be allotted to the lowest Financial Proposal that is opened/evaluated and compared among those technical qualified candidates who have attained a minimum 70 points score in the technical evaluation. Other Financial Proposals will receive points in inverse proportion to the lowest price.
The Contract shall be awarded to candidate obtaining the highest combined technical and financial scores, subject to the satisfactory result of the verification interview if needed.
Submission of applications
Interested candidates are kindly requested to apply and upload the following documents to the assigned requisition in UNICEF Vacancies: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/
- Letter of interest and confirmation of availability;
- Performance evaluation reports or references of similar consultancy assignments (if available)
- Financial proposal: All-inclusive lump-sum cost including consultancy fee, travel and accommodation cost for this assignment as per work assignment.
- CV/P11 form (UN Personal History Form)
General Conditions: Procedures and Logistics
The following general conditions shall apply:
- The Consultants will be assigned temporarily a desk in UNICEF Hanoi office
- Travel costs and applicable DSA will be paid if Consultants are hired from outside Hanoi (as per applicable rates for individual Consultants), or if travelling on official mission
- The Consultants will provide their own laptop computer and office supplies
- The Consultants are not entitled to any payments during days off and sick leave.
Policy both parties should be aware of:
- Under the consultancy agreements, a month is defined as 22 working days, and fees are prorated accordingly. Consultants are not paid for weekends or public holidays.
- Consultants are not entitled to payment of overtime. All remuneration must be within the contract agreement.
- No contract may commence unless the contract is signed by both UNICEF and the consultant or Contractor.
- For international consultants outside the duty station, signed contracts must be sent by fax or email.
- Consultants will not have supervisory responsibilities or authority on UNICEF budget.
- Consultant will be required to sign (1) the Health statement, (2) Certificate of Good Standing for Consultants/Individual Contractor prior to taking up the assignment, and a copy of appropriate health insurance, including Medical Evacuation.
The Form 'Designation, change or revocation of beneficiary' must be completed by the consultant.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Sunday 23th September 2018 at 23:55 hours Viet Nam Time.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Hanoi (Vietnam)
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Communication and Public Information
- Closing Date: 2018-09-23