Information Assistant - Global Information Systems
Information Assistant - Global Information Systems
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
In 2003, following the start of foreign military operations in Iraq, DRC became one of the first organisations to provide humanitarian assistance in the country, and now operates in 11 governorates, including Anbar, Baghdad, Babel, Diyala, Duhok, Erbil, Karbala, Kirkuk, Najaf, Ninewa and Salah-al-Din.
About the job
The Information Assistant will record and report on all planned activities in the AO.. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Maintain and update an accurate database of the BAC/ Clearance / NTS / MRE AOs.
- Support the regular transfer/channeling of collected data and information to other relevant stakeholders (e.g. national authorities, cluster partners) using agreed upon templates and respecting timeframes.
- Support the documentation of activities, contact and project information on all the actors present in the AO.
- Attend and facilitate, if necessary, meetings with relevant stakeholders relating to information management.
- Support the Project Manager and Liaison Officer and other actors in strengthening information management and information sharing that supports all service provision, including: distributions, community mobilization, assessments, technical works, etc.
- Collect and compile all operational statistics from the field locations at the end of the month.
- Conduct QA/QC of all reports received from the field, including clearance, survey and MRE data.
- Update the main Operations database and keep relevant reports stored on the shared drive to be accessed by relevant staff.
- Prepare operational statistics on request by the operations department.
- The Information Management Officer may undertake any other tasks, within the framework of his/her position, as requested by his/her supervisor.
- Design and provide the maps when required for donors, proposals and DDG/DRC operation reports.
- Maintain the plotter and be responsible to request the cartridge and paper for the machine when required
To be successful in this role we expect you to have minimum of 2 years of experience in information management / IT related work. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in information management / IT related work, specifically developing and maintaining databases, Microsoft Excel/Access, and use of infographics/visual software.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in international and/or local NGO.
- Proven experience in conducting humanitarian assessments.
- Ability to write reports in English.
- Experience with IMSMA systems
- Preferred qualifications:
- Advanced university degree is an asset.
- Certificates in ARCGIS and ESRI from a reputable institution
- Prior knowledge of Humanitarian Mine Action
- Driving License
- Preferred experience:
- Experience in training and capacity-building of staff.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract length: 12 Months
Designation of Duty Station: Unacccompanied
Start date: 1st October 2018
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates/ Nationals; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact email@example.com.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
Closing date for applications: 22nd September 2018
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Erbil (Iraq)
- Grade: Level not specified
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-09-22