Administration Assistant (Administration/Procurement) G5, Jijiga Re-advertised
The World Food Programme (WFP) is United Nations frontline agency in the fight against hunger, WFP is continually responding to emergencies. We save lives by getting food to the hungry fast. But WFP also works to help prevent hunger in the future. We do this through programmes that use food as a means to build assets, spread knowledge and nurture stronger, more dynamic communities. This helps com- munities become more food secure. On average, WFP aims to bring food assistance to more than 80 million people in 80 countries.
WFP Ethiopia is working with the Government and humanitarian partners to strengthen the resilience of Ethiopia’s most vulnerable population and to chart a more prosperous and sustainable future for the next generation. The Country Office also supports programmes that use food assistance to empower women, transform areas affected by climate change and keep children in school. It aims to contribute to Ethiopia’s five-year development agenda, the Growth and Transformation Plan (GTP), through which the Government combats food insecurity.
This position is based in Jijiga Area Office. The job holder will be under the direct supervision of the Head of Admin and Finance and under the overall supervision of the Head of the Area Office
At this level job holder is expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holder is able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
To support effective delivery and maintenance of client-focused, value-for-money oriented quality administrative practices.
Administration key responsibilities:
- Check the provision of a range of services, including facilities and light vehicle management, travel, protocol related, etc., maintaining information, to contribute to the provision of a safe and comfortable working environment.
- Collate and process information including dissemination to support the production of standard documents and reports for the unit, to enable decision-making and the effective management of resources.
- Manage and maintain paper and electronic records within the area of responsibility in accordance with established procedures, to ensure swift and easy data access as required.
- Undertake research and perform basic analyses of data, to contribute to the provision of accurate information and effective management of resources.
- Be a first point of contact for internal queries, to facilitate the provision of efficient and effective resolution of daily issues.
- Provide inputs to routine methods and practices in own area of work, to support the continuous improvement of services provided.
Procurement key responsibilities:
- Perform administrative procurement activities in a timely and efficient manner, to support Professional staff in the acquisition of goods and services for efficient field operations.
- Compile data, prepare and distribute documents, to support successful procurement programs and operational activities, (e.g. issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts), ensuring standard processes are followed.
- Review, record and prioritise purchasing requests, ensuring all supporting documentation is received, and funding is available, in order to enable the procurement of goods and services.
- Coordinate and monitor the delivery of procurement requisitions, verifying receipt and inspection of deliverables, and performing follow up actions to ensure supplies reach Area office and Sub offices.
- Research, collate and present information in standard formats, to enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to the stakeholders.
- Update, manage and maintain relevant databases and records, to ensure the information is accurate, organised, and available for others to access, and supports reporting requirements.
- Liaise with internal counterparts to support the alignment of procurement activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting programme needs.
- Provide technical support and/or allocate work to other support staff, in order to assist them in completing standard tasks to agreed standards and deadlines.
- Perform other duties as required.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has demonstrated an ability to perform all routine administrative activities in line with WFPs operating standards through day to day work.
- Has supported in providing ad-hoc guidance to new staff members.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: Five or more years of progressive work experience in Administration, Procurement field or related area.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English. Knowledge of the local language is added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
WFP is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates meeting the above qualifications are encouraged to apply on-line through WFP recruitment website.
This VA is open ONLY to Ethiopian Nationals.
Public access : http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings
WFP staff access: http://newgo.wfp.org/services/e-recruitment
Please note that WFP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
10 August 2018
- Organization: UN WFP - World Food Programme
- Location: Jijiga (Ethiopia)
- Grade: Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education - Administrative support
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-09-19