Consultant - Learning and Development Specialist: On-line Learning
- Organization: WFP - World Food Programme
- Location: Rome
- Grade: Consultancy - International Consultant - Internationally recruited Contractors Agreement
- Human Resources
- Education, Learning and Training
- Closing Date: Closed
Capability Development Team, Human Resources Division
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP’s greatest strength is its dedicated people working tirelessly around the world to reduce hunger. The global context in which WFP operates is rapidly changing which means that the need for equipping our people with the relevant, required capabilities to enable WFP to meet its vision has never been so crucial.
The Capability Development Team within the Human Resources Division is currently recruiting for a Learning and Development specialist (for an initial 11 months, but subject to possible extension) to contribute to WFP’s Learning transformation. The Team has embarked on an ambitious agenda, including the creation of a comprehensive set of Functional learning paths and curricula to continue to build a wide range of technical skills e.g. Nutrition, Supply Chain, Emergency Preparedness and Response, Programme, Monitoring and Evaluation etc. The team has also recently launched an enhanced global learning platform with extensive functionality including social learning, blended learning, facilitator dashboard, mobile app, gamification, and dedicated thematic learning “channels”.
The Capability Development Team is seeking a consultant who will be a focal point for developing on-line learning solutions in partnership with a range of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) across different Functional and technical units at WFP. The ideal candidate will have in-depth instructional design expertise and have a good track record of designing and deploying different on-line learning solutions to meet the needs of learners. The role will require a significant transfer of this knowledge and experience to subject matter experts and learning focal points across the WFP global organisation. This may include running face-to-face and or virtual training sessions and one-to-one coaching to support these focal points in the use of various online tools. WFP has access to a simple eLearning authoring tool – Mohive – which will form part of the available toolkit for focal points. The role will also be responsible for researching and potentially deploying and training the use of additional tools.
An additional accountability of the role will be to support the creation and delivery of presentations and other forms of communication to assist in marketing the services and products of the Capability Development Team across the organisation
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Ensure that best practice methods and approaches are reflected in the learning solutions created across WFP
- Promote effective instructional design practices and methods and educate subject matter experts and learning focal points across WFP in recognizing and applying them;
- Provide advice and guidance on the best use of a range of online learning tools (this can include e.g. Articulate Storyline, Captivate, GoAnimate, Camtasia, Mohive etc);
- Run training sessions for learning focal points on how to use various on-line learning tools;
- Create and moderate an effective and active community of practice amongst learning focal points to share tools, methods, and approaches for online learning;
- Review and provide expert input on the quality of external-vendor created online learning solutions to enhance the overall quality of what is deployed at WFP;
- Guide external vendors who create online learning solutions for WFP in the application of WFP’s standards for development;
- Develop in-depth understanding of WFP’s global learning platform and associated applications and guide WFP learning focal points and external vendors to leverage functionality to best effect
- Assist in the creation of online and printable job aids, checklists, quick guides to increase on the job-application of concepts and tools by learners;
- Create compelling communication materials and processes to increase awareness and take-up of learning solutions and resources delivered by the Team;
- Assist with other projects and initiatives within the team, as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR ENTRY
- University degree in Learning and Development, Learning Technology, Adult Education, Instructional Design, Human Resources or related field;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in development and delivery of blended on-line learning solutions.
- Experience of using a wide range of on-line learning tools (e.g. Articulate Storyline, Captivate, Go Animate, Camtasia, etc
- Demonstrated experience in working across all phases of on-line learning design and delivery in partnership with subject matter experts and external vendors.
- Track record of training and empowering other users in the use of online learning tools
- Experience in leveraging learning technology and learning management systems in the design and delivery of learning programmes.
- Experience in creating and delivering high impact communications to learners and learning champions across organisations
Technical Skills & Competencies:
- Technical competence at an intermediate to advanced level across a range of online learning tools, including authoring tools;
- Knowledgeable and up to date on latest trends in online learning and how these can be applied in organisations;
- Strong stakeholder and client relationship skills;
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and accomplish tasks with follow-through to completion;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to collaborate and influence across different levels and diverse teams in the organisation;
- Strong creative problems solving skills;
- Graphic design skills will be an advantage
- Excellent oral and written English is a minimum;
- Proficiency in another official UN language (Arabic, French, Russian, Chinese or Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working language) would be desirable.
Terms and Conditions
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please include a cover letter and ensure that you answer all screening questions in order to be considered for this position.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
Deadline for applications: 26 September 2018
Ref.: VA No. 88122
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: