Supply and Procurement Associate, GS6 (TA), Jaipur - Re-advertisement [This is a Temporary Appointment for 364 days]
The supply associate, provides a broad range of transactional, procedural and administrative tasks in support of the efficient supply and procurement of the India Country Office, ensuring timely and efficient output that is in compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, whilst demonstrating the capacity to research, adapt and evaluate irregular cases, and also to recommend improvements to process delivery and design.
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF: https://youtu.be/E1xkXZs0cAQ
For every child, AN ADVOCATE
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does in programs, in advocacy and in operations. The equity strategy, emphasizing the most disadvantaged and excluded children and families, translates this commitment to children’s rights into action. For UNICEF, equity means that all children have an opportunity to survive, develop and reach their full potential, without discrimination, bias or favoritism. This is why the focus on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards realizing the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as outlined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while also supporting the equitable development of nations.
How can you make a difference?
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children in the world's thereby ensuring a better future for every child, this is the chance to make a difference. The supply associate, provides a broad range of transactional, procedural and administrative tasks in support of the efficient supply and procurement of the India Country Office, ensuring timely and efficient output that is in compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, whilst demonstrating the capacity to research, adapt and evaluate irregular cases, and also to recommend improvements to process delivery and design.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Receives supply requisitions, ensuring accuracy of specifications of items, and confirms availability of funds, obtaining additional information from the programme sections as necessary. Monitors assigned requisitions to ensure completion of procurement actions in a timely manner.
- Obtains quotations, issues invitation to bids to approved and listed suppliers; arranges and participates in bid openings with the Supply Manager, compiles price tabulations with price ratings and recommendations for order placement, prepares CRC submissions for finalization by the Supply Manager.
- Corresponds with programme Sections/Field offices and suppliers on supply and procurement matters.
- Generates and compiles a variety of warehouse reports from vision and monitoring reports from the supply dashboard/pipeline reports.
- Ensures continuous availability of data related to procurement, including forecasting, requisitions received, orders placed, incoming goods, actual delivery schedules. Prepares periodic reports, and ad-hoc reports as needed.
- Drafts submissions to Contract Review Committee.
- Maintains supplier database and files with full information, in accordance with UNICEF supply guidelines.
- Prepares Direct Orders (Purchase Orders) against existing Long Term Arrangements (LTA) ensuring that the LTA has valid quantities and lead-time meets requirements
- Quality control and ensure accuracy of UNITRACK generated stock reports and monthly reconciliation of stock inventory reports from different offices. Prepares monthly stock reports on management performance indicators for warehousing operations.
- Maintains purchase order/contract files with all required procurement documentation (POs, invoices, delivery receipts, payment requests, correspondence, etc).
- Responsible for conducting local market surveys on ongoing basis.
- Correspond with offshore suppliers when required and Copenhagen for standard warehouse items and obtain LPA when required.
- Conduct market research for new products and new supplier source as well as updating new product technology.
To qualify as a/an [champion or advocate] for every child you will have…
Completion of secondary school education is required, with courses/certifications in business administration, supply chain management, procurement or logistics considered as an advantage.
Minimum 6 years of progressively responsible administrative and/or supply-related work experience (procurement, supply or logistics) is required.
Familiarity with UNICEF, UN supply procedures and systems is an asset.
Fluency in English and local language of the duty station is required..
For every Child, you demonstrate…
i) Core Values (Required)
• Commitment • Diversity and Inclusion • Integrity
ii) Core Competencies (Required)
• Communication [ II ] • Working with People [ II ] • Drive for Results [ II ]
iii) Functional Competencies (Required)
• Analyzing [ II ]
• Applying technical expertise [ II ]
• Planning & Organizing [ II ]
• Following Instructions and Procedures [ II ]
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all national, religious, gender and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
UNICEF has recently become the first United Nations agency to be awarded the EDGE certification – the leading global standard for gender equality in the workplace. UNICEF’s commitment to EDGE reaffirms our pledge to gender equality and inclusion all UNICEF staff worldwide.
This certification recognizes UNICEF’s commitment to achieving significant milestones in gender equality for all its staff, including strong gender balance at all levels of the organization, pay equity, a solid framework of policies and practices, and an inclusive workplace culture.
“UNICEF’s most important asset is our staff — all of our staff. Gender diversity and equal opportunities for men and women is not only a matter of rights. It makes us more effective as an organization.” Henrietta H. Fore, UNICEF Executive Director.
For more information on UNICEF EDGE Certification, kindly view the video here.
- This position is based in Jaipur (India).
- The vacancy is open to Indian Nationals only. Selected applicant will have a 364 days Temporary Appointment contract.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and advance to the next stage of the selection process, which involves various assessments.
- UNICEF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process including application, interview, meeting, traveling, processing, training etc. UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment.
For more information about UNICEF India, please refer to the link below: - http://unicef.in
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Jaipur (India)
- Grade: GS-6, General Service - No need for Higher Education - Locally recruited position - Administrative support
- Supply Chain
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-09-30