Web editor French, intern
New York City (United States of America)
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the UN’s global development network, advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. We are on the ground in some 170 countries and territories, working with them on their own solutions to global and national development challenges. At UNDP, external and internal communication—nationally, regionally and globally—is critical to achieving both development results and business objectives. Skillful communication broadens the impacts of new policies, helps governance reforms take root, and attracts and fosters strong partnerships.
The Office of Communications at UNDP is at the forefront of advancing online communications and outreach within the organization and is seeking a graduate student with an interest in global issues and communications to assist in maintaining Web and social media platforms in French for UNDP’s online global network.
Duties and Responsibilities
The interested candidate will:
- curate, maintain and monitor UNDP’s French social media platforms @pnudfr (Facebook, Twitter)
- ensure global campaigns follow up and support
- evaluate and suggest improvements for audience engagement on @pnudfr
- produce graphic and multimedia material
- assist in curating and producing Web stories, using UNDP’s web content management system (Adobe Experience Manager).
- review and edit translations of web stories, headlines, scripts and captions in French, liaising with the rest of the team to ensure consistency across languages
- assist in translating texts from English into French, proofreading and reformulating if necessary for optimal web presentation
- assist in maintaining contacts with French-speaking content providers to solicit and/or submit content
- Solid writing and editing skills in French;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Attention to detail is crucial;
- Responsible, responsive, and enthusiastic;
- Interest in global issues and the United Nations;
- Must be able to work in a multi-cultural environment and be aware of political sensitivities
Required Skills and Experience
- Enrollment in a graduate degree programme in a development or communications-related field, such as journalism, interactive telecommunications, international relations, political science, anthropology, sociology, public or business administration;
- Fluency in written and spoken French (fluent English desirable)
- Must be available at least three days a week;
- Web and social media experience an asset.