Consultancy: Senior Project Manager (Web), 11.5 months, New York (DOC)
New York City (United States of America)
The Digital Strategy Section (DSS) seeks to hire a consultant Senior Project Manager for the web to create standard project plans and workflows for all web campaign and editorial projects, including UNICEF’s Cause Framework campaigns.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, hope
The Digital Strategy Section (DSS) within the Division of Communication (DOC) comprises Web, Social Media and Multimedia teams working together to create compelling public-facing content and to provide digital services within the organization. Through multiple platforms and in multiple languages, DSS draws attention to the many facets of UNICEF’s work, encouraging public support, participation and action, as well as ensuring greater transparency and accountability.
Web stories, blog entries, photo essays, Facebook posts, Twitter campaigns, and videos for distribution via UNICEF.org, YouTube, news media and other outlets and platforms – all are a part of our digital storytelling. By measuring and testing our efforts, we also use data to inform content and engagement choices.
How can you make a difference?
DSS seeks to hire a consultant Senior Project Manager for the web to create standard project plans and workflows for all web campaign and editorial projects, including UNICEF’s Cause Framework campaigns.
The Senior Project Manager will work with the Web Editorial and Digital Platforms teams to create a set of standard operating procedures for all web editorial and campaign based projects. These will include a standardization of workflows, implementation of project management tools, and creation of templates for all project documentation. These will account for all aspects of a project (scope of work, resources, schedules), that ensure the successful completion of all projects.
The Senior Project Manager will also create a version of these tools to track and manage all concurrent projects (and umbrella plan) for cross project planning.
The Senior Project Manager will also execute on these procedures on current, ongoing, and new projects during the consultancy.
Scope of work
Under the overall direction of DSS/DOC Head of Web Editorial, the Senior Project Manager will:
Create detailed operating procedure for projects, including:
- Standard workflow / operation procedure for project completion
- Standard Scope of Work templates
- Project Schedule / Milestones framework
- Stakeholder mapping framework
- Risk assessment framework
- Recommendation and implementation of industry standard project management tools (e.g. Smartsheet, Trello)
- Liaise with key stakeholders on web projects, including subject matter experts in UNICEF programs or initiatives, and those working on the Digital Transformation Project.
- Align project goals with UNICEF’s Communication Strategy and Cause Framework.
- Work with relevant Cause Framework teams to project manage and streamline the creation of content, translations, workflows, and platform requirements for key campaign activations.
- Effectively manage timelines for web projects.
- Create and maintain an umbrella schedule, accounting for multiple parallel projects and workflows (such as editorial, technical development, creative, production and QA in five languages), and the coordination with overlapping DSS and DTP schedules and projects.
- Identify risks as resource gaps and other pain points in a timely fashion.
- Liaise with training and support team on scheduling and workflow coordination.
- Maintain and provide regular project reports and status updates for presentation to leadership teams.
- Control the quality through all projects and processes and use this evidence to support and evolve future projects and processes.
- Possibly be required to work on weekends.
- Possibly be required to travel.
- Perform other duties in association with successful completion of web team projects.
As an advocate for every child, you will have…
- Project management certification and/or a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Project management experience in the creation of websites within an enterprise-level ecosystem, including extensive knowledge of a range of multimedia content types, content management systems, applications and workflow best practices.
- Knowledge of the global digital landscape, including the publishing of multimedia, social media, and other web platforms.
- Fluency in English.
- The ability to work on several projects at once in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication, diplomacy, and people skills.
- Experience in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent organization and file management skills.
The Senior Project Manager is preferred, but not required, to have:
- Experience or working knowledge of Google Analytics and/or similar analytics platforms.
- Experience working in website Content Management Systems.
- Experience in content and/or editorial management.
- Experience working in a non-profit, non-governmental or intergovernmental organization.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is an asset.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Duration: 11.5 months
Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above (including travel and daily subsistence allowance, if applicable). Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: New York City (United States of America)
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Project and Programme Management
- Managerial positions
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Communication and Public Information
- Closing Date: 2018-09-29