Administrative & Supply Assistant (GS5) in Tbilisi, Georgia #68289
Administrative & Supply Assistant
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
Purpose for the job
The Administrative and Supply Assistant is responsible for executing a broad variety of standardized administrative and procurement tasks for the Georgia CO requiring thorough knowledge of UNICEF administrative procedures, processes and policies.
In this capacity, the need to project the image of a credible and reliable service provider is imperative to quality of process delivery, and the impact of work directly reflects on the overall reputation of the team in terms of responsiveness to client needs and quality of process execution.
Key functions, accountabilities and related duties/tasks (Please outline the key accountabilities for this position and underneath each accountability, the duties that describe how they are delivered. Please limit to four to seven accountabilities)
- General Administrative functions
- Provides support on maintaining the full functionality for the office premises, furniture, equipment and vehicles. Supervises respective technical services and repairs.
- Manages the transportation needs of the office (including field travel) by prioritizing and distributing the transportation tasks among drivers; advises staff on need of outsourcing the transportation (taxi or other services) in case in-house services are not available;
- Supervises the team of drivers and the overall process of vehicle maintenance; ensures proper monitoring and driver's log recoding for fuel consumption and vehicle maintenance;
- Supervises the cleaning services of the office including monitoring of the cleaning contracts;
- Monitors the stock of office supplies (including stationary, hygiene, other) and initiates respective procurement processes as needed.
- Provides support to the office with logistical arrangements related to events training/workshops/conferences etc., through engaging with facilitators, caterers and hosts and identifying the most cost-efficient meeting venue options.
- Procurement of Supply and Services
- Facilitates the planning process for supply and services procurement as per global/regional/local guidelines and requirements;
- Guides program sections on all sorts of supply and procurement related issues including supply catalogue related issues, available warehouse materials, material numbers, available local or global LTAs for goods and services, various procedural aspects, etc.
- Facilitates contracting process for supply and institutional service procurements. Undertakes the supply review role for all requisitions and sales orders, ensuring that all documentation complies to established rules and regulations; specifications are well matching to the needs; respective VISION records are well reflecting the intended actions; sufficient funding is provided for the transaction.
- Initiates and supervises the solicitation process upon receipt of authorized requisition/sales order. Prepares the respective documentation through VISION, obtains authorizations and advertises through available local and/or international resources; Collects bids and arranges bid opening as per established rules;
- Facilitates the review and formulation of the selection recommendation from respective section. As needed compiles the CRC documentation and submits to CRC for approval.
- Facilitates the contracting process through the appropriate contract type upon receipt of approval on selection;
- In order to contribute to the office efficiency periodically reviews the overall procurement process and based on past experience from implementation of supply/service procurement plans and as per office needs proposes services and supplies for Long Term Arrangement (LTA) type of procurement; in addition, regularly monitors status of existing Local LTAs and initiates renewal of LTAs as needed through respective procurement processes;
- Maintains master files of all premises related arrangements including for Zonal Office. Monitors the status of the agreements and advises on needed actions as per future Operational or programmatic needs;
- Contributes as needed into official correspondence and/or participates in meetings with authorities on government owned rent free premises related discussions;
- Facilitates negotiations and contractual arrangements on commercially rented premises;
- Ensures proper workflows are followed on the processes with DFAM. Undertake respective uploading on DFAM's SharePoint resources. Submit/obtain needed clearances on the contractual arrangements.
- Maintains list of vendors and ensures the accuracy of the information represented in VISION database. Participates in the periodic vendor master record cleanup process, identifies the duplicate vendor entries for deletion, identifies data for update/correction as needed.
- Undertakes sourcing, pre-qualification, request for expression of interest and vendor evaluation as per the supply manual.Â Ensures the identified vendors are registered in UNGM system. After service delivery undertakes service delivery evaluation to record results in the database for future reference.
- As required undertakes inspection of selected long term and high value vendors and suppliers to collect information about their facilities, equipment, production and service delivery capacity.
- Monthly undertakes relevant financial month-end closure related activities: reviews status of Goods in Transit (GIT); monitors status of Service entries and Good Receipts; Monitors inventory aging; tracks for any unreconciled/uncomplete transactions related to handover of supply to partners; monitors closure of the completed Purchase Orders; undertakes other month-end closure activities as identified.
- Contributes to the financial year-end closure activities in supply/procurement related aspects. Reviews and ensures that by end of the year all completed requisitions, sales orders and purchase orders are duly closed. There are no outstanding issues in GIT, GR/IR, and in warehouse inventory records. Facilitates completion of relevant schedules on the year-end portal of the SharePoint.
- Contributes to the Annual Report preparation by providing inputs for admin, supply and service procurement components.
- Other duties
Performs other duties as required.
Contributes to emergency supply planning process. Participates in the related discussions/processes and provides inputs for the supply component of the Emergency Preparedness Platform (EPP) on the UNICEF SharePoint.
Competencies and level of proficiency required (based on UNICEF Professional Competency Profiles)
- Diversity and inclusion
- Communication (I)
- Working with people (II)
- Drive for results (I)
- Analyzing (I)
- Learning & Researching (I)
- Planning and organizing (I)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (I)
Education: Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
Experience: A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required.
Language Requirements: Fluency in English and of the local language of the duty station is required. Working knowledge of another UN language would be an asset.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Tbilisi (Georgia)
- Grade: GS-5, General Service - No need for Higher Education - Locally recruited position - Administrative support
- Supply Chain
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-10-02