Agriculture and Rural Development Policy Specialist
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations
depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
- Conduct research, analysis and contribute to the agricultural policy analysis, i.e. policy impact assessment and policy monitoring in the countries of REU region;
- Support assessments, studies and initiatives and provide technical backstopping to field projects related to agriculture and rural development policy design and implementation;
- Contribute to appraisal and capacity development of the Ministries and other relevant national/local staff related to agriculture and rural development policy design, impact assessment and monitoring; including preparation of training materials and information materials for discussion and awareness raising;
- Formulate concept notes and projects related to agriculture and rural development policy planning, monitoring and evaluation;
- Participate in multi-disciplinary teams
- Collaborate in, provide technical backstopping to and ensures the quality / effectiveness of capacity development activities within member countries such as policy support, organizational development and individual learning events including preparation of related information, learning materials, on-line tools that support agricultural policy analysis, policy planning and implementation in the region;
- Review and provide updates on agricultural and rural development policy developments in the region and advice on sectorial support measures that FAO REU could undertake in the region;
- Promote knowledge sharing and best practices at international meetings and conferences and influences partners in stakeholder consultations;
- Contribute and co-organize policy seminars, capacity building workshops and networking activities related to agricultural and rural development policy with partners;
- Perform other related duties as and when required.
- Lead working groups/teams in collaboration with other departments and agencies on work groups and committees in the development of an integrated and coherent approach to agriculture and rural development policy implementation, drawing on the corporate approaches and regional delivery mechanisms such as the Regional Initiatives;
- Provide technical guidance to field projects related to agriculture and rural development policy design and implementation;
- Provide technical leadership in the capacity development of the Ministries and other relevant national/local staff related to agriculture and rural development policy design, impact assessment and monitoring; including preparation of training materials and information materials for discussion and awareness raising;
- Advanced university degree (for Consultants) / University degree (only for PSA) in agriculture, agricultural economics, rural development, economics or related fields;
- At least ten years of relevant analytical and institutional experience;
- Working knowledge of English or Russian and limited knowledge of one of the other FAO languages (for Consultants). Working knowledge of English or Russian (for PSAs).
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or technical area;
- Good interpersonal communications skills;
- Extent and relevance of experience in the formulation and implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Agriculture and Rural Development Programs in EU member states, pre-accession countries, other REU region countries.
- Extent and relevance of institutional experience in the formulation and implementation of policies and programmes for agriculture, subsectors or rural development;
- Extent and relevance of experience in project and program management; and
- Knowledge of the UN system, procedures and operational activities would be an advantage.
- Relevant experience in rural development policy evaluation and monitoring; and/or agricultural economics and community development;
- Relevant knowledge of EU CAP and rural development policy in EU, accession countries and/or agricultural policies of other REU region countries.
- Relevant institutional experience.
- Working experience in Europe and Central Asia region
- Knowledge of Russian would be an asset (depending on the specificity of the Terms of Reference).
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Candidates with acceptable language certificate/s should upload them when submitting their application. For details, visit http\://www.fao.org/3/I8446EN/i8446en.pdf
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: based
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Infrastructure and Urban-Rural development
- Legal - Broad
- Closing Date: 2018-10-03