Technical Specialist (TS)
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations
depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The Chief Technical Specialist (CTS) (Principal Expert statistician specialized in the organization and implementation of agricultural censuses, including of the logistics) will be hired under the project âCensus of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries CALFâ. The project will contribute to better planning, programming, implementing, and follow-up and assess the entire agricultural sector in Angola, set up an effective mechanism for strengthening the capacity building of national institutions in charge of agricultural statistics technically and operationally, and implement a national system of agricultural statistics and improve the availability of agricultural, fisheries and forestry data.
The CTS will accomplish the tasks described below under the general operational supervision of the FAO Representative (FAOR) in Angola. With the technical guidance of the Regional Office for Africa of FAO, namely the Lead Technical Officer (LTO), and the Statistics Division of FAO at headquarters. He or she will work closely with the National Coordination of the project and will provide supervision of the other consultants, experts and managers of the project in order to ensure the successful implementation of the project.
The CTS will be responsible for the operational planning, management and monitoring of all projectâs activities, as indicated in the project document. He/She will be responsible to coordinate the overall project, will provide technical, logistics and managerial support and ensure a good implementation of the activities in line with the project result framework, work plan and approved budget. The incumbent shall frequently travel within the country whenever deem necessary.
Tasks and responsibilities
In particular, the incumbent will\:
COF.REG and PSA.SBS
- Advanced university degree in statistics with specialization in agricultural statistics;
- At least ten years of experience in agricultural censuses and surveys and their organization in developing countries;
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two.
FAO Core Competencies
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Candidates with acceptable language certificate/s should upload them when submitting their application. For details, visit http\://www.fao.org/3/I8446EN/i8446en.pdf
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: Luanda (Angola)
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2018-10-03