FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations
depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
- Handle the information flow of the projects assigned; prepare documentation, reports, contracts and briefing materials as required on project activities and status; check documents for accuracy and compliance with FAO format and style; communicate on project operational matters with the various stakeholders.
- Initiate operational actions necessary for the implementation of the project, (i.e. Letters of Agreement, government clearances, requests for personnel, briefing schedules, authorsâ contracts, procurement of equipment, Travel Authorizations) and ensure their timely completion.
- Assist with organizing workshops (invitation letter, meeting venue, Per diem, travels,â¦), and carry translation of incoming letters).
- Undertake other tasks as needed.
- At least a Secondary School.
- Two years in clerical and/or secretarial work including operations work. Good knowledge of FAO's or UN documentation standards, administrative rules and procedures.
- Working knowledge of English and Arabic. French would be an asset.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Candidates with acceptable language certificate/s should upload them when submitting their application. For details, visit http\://www.fao.org/3/I8446EN/i8446en.pdf
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: Tunis (Tunisia)
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-10-05